Reading your review of Reading, the one thing I noticed that you didn't mention was that they were out of steam like a few others did as well as the members that had apparently fallen. 3 members were reported to had fallen during the performance. Where those accounts by previous posters not true? I'm very appreciative to reviews and opinions. But the closer you are to any particular corps, the views and opinions seems to change somewhat on their behalf.

You noted you have been to Reading's rehearsals referring to work ethic and such.. its no secret how they work. But unless you have sampled all corps work ethics and field etiquett, you presume that they work better then the next.

I appreciate that you were at the show... and I hope your take on both corps corelate to their performances, but it seems a bit off from the other people who have posted before you. Like VOReason has said, maybe the HOPES of certain fans sway somewhat the preception of what people see apposed to what actually happened.

I didn't see anyone fall, but that was due to the fact that I was watching the drumline. Drummers tend to watch drumlines, horns tend to watch the hornlines and guard people tend to watch the guards. If you read my review all the way through, I did mention that I did not get to watch any of the other corps rehearse. I am not saying they are doing things better than anyone else, but to have the streak they are having, you have to admit they are doing something right. I try not to sound biased when I post and if I come across that way I do apologize. I have been watching drum corps for 50 years and I love the activity and wish I could still march.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see anyone fall, but that was due to the fact that I was watching the drumline. Drummers tend to watch drumlines, horns tend to watch the hornlines and guard people tend to watch the guards. If you read my review all the way through, I did mention that I did not get to watch any of the other corps rehearse. I am not saying they are doing things better than anyone else, but to have the streak they are having, you have to admit they are doing something right. I try not to sound biased when I post and if I come across that way I do apologize. I have been watching drum corps for 50 years and I love the activity and wish I could still march.

Like my signature says, I love corps as well. I'm very excited to see everyone at the Grand Prix. I'm still sticking with the majority here. Sounds like Reading may have pushed as far as they can. Cabs have been the giant killer before, and I don't see why it couldn't be possible now. Streaks have been broken before. I'm still curious about the spread. It seems the Cabs are on the move. If Reading show was what most have reported, they have their work cut out for them. 5 points is a big spread to keep. Especially if the number wasn't earned. May be foolish to put that kind of burdon on them. We all shall see.

Good luck to everyone.

REALLY b/c last time i checked CADETS FAN ppl FALL ask the cadets at finals last year event the great fall and that was on turf???.. I mean but u would know that since your such a fan.

I think you calling him out for the Cadets fall is quite funny.. If you want to compare the fall of the cadets snare cost them a silver metal... 3 bucs fell and they won by 5 points.. somethings wrong there.

I dont think even the Brigs got what Bucs are getting IMO, and that's with all of the bingo jokes made

No way man. I think it only seems that way to you because there is a lot more internet communications now.

At least most people say that Bucs win because they are good, not because they are buying the judges with Bingo money. That accusation is the worst insult the members had to hear at Brigs.

I don't think they are getting beer cans thrown at them when getting off the field. I don't think they have people in the crowd yelling bad stuff at them.

Bucs are still well respected, there is no comparison there.

just my 2 cents.

:tongue:

I don't recall ever seeing the Brigs pelted with beer cans or booed. Maybe that was more of an upstate thing? :tongue:

At least most people say that Bucs win because they are good, not because they are buying the judges with Bingo money. That accusation is the worst insult the members had to hear at Brigs.

LOL, every year the Buccs do all five 4th of July parades in the Baltimore area. Guess it would be hard to pay anyone off if you haven't done the parades yet. :tongue:

Seriously I've heard it described in the past as "Pay the bus bill day".

Wasn't following corps when the Brigs were winning. Only good thing is I missed hearing the paid 'em off crap.

I don't recall ever seeing the Brigs pelted with beer cans or booed. Maybe that was more of an upstate thing? :tongue:

It happened once. But it happened. I remember. I never said we were booed, either, but I remember prelims 2003...

I am not trying to make this a big deal here, it's really not, I'm just saying, Bucs wouldn't get that kind of negative response today. Mostly now people just whine and hides behind their computers.

No way man. I think it only seems that way to you because there is a lot more internet communications now.

I don't think they are getting beer cans thrown at them when getting off the field. I don't think they have people in the crowd yelling bad stuff at them.

Bucs are still well respected, there is no comparison there.

just my 2 cents.

:tongue:

understand. I remember some nasty #### thrown our way at a certain show in 96 too. trust me, I understand how it feels to be part of a winner that's hated, and we didn't een have a long streak.

But then again, there was some #### both ways back then, I witnessed, so no side was holier than thou. might be some stuff happening like that now.

and IMO, if corps members are reading these reviews and getting all fired up, my advice is ignore DCP and clean your show. you can't please everyone all the time..be it reviews, opinions or even the judges

even going back to RAMD, as DCP came about in the end of the Brigs run, after the "summer of Love" in 97, I don't remember that much complaining

"Summer of Love"? Umm you apparently didn't see my wife and I after retreat. She marched for Brigs and I was with Empire. "Teddy.....Bitter, party of one, your table is now served".....lol

understand. I remember some nasty #### thrown our way at a certain show in 96 too. trust me, I understand how it feels to be part of a winner that's hated, and we didn't een have a long streak.

But then again, there was some #### both ways back then, I witnessed, so no side was holier than thou. might be some stuff happening like that now.

and IMO, if corps members are reading these reviews and getting all fired up, my advice is ignore DCP and clean your show. you can't please everyone all the time..be it reviews, opinions or even the judges

I agree with you there