Santa Clara Vanguard 2010

In Denver, SCV just had it end musically as a big eighth note that just kind of comes out of nowhere and ends the show with meekness instead of the intended bombast.

Now they're tagging on some weird chord that doesn't sound right, either.

I'm hoping they change the ending to the big 4-measure triplet/seven scale the whole orchestra does at the end of the actual piece.

No matter what, the rest of the show just makes me smile. The drill is like an extension of the music and just grows with it. Amazing.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really that dirty? Seems pretty darn clean to me.

Some parts seem a little bit messy to me Moe. Can't say where in the music, but there are sometimes when they are in like 2 or 3 tight circle masses that seem sort of "mushy" to me. Fuzzy computer shot? Who knows. The other sets that I'm not sure about is the big squigly line that has an abstract form. They do it a couple of times. To me it makes the Corps look small. I say to myself when they do that, "hmmm...Subtle Clara is back". Is that a good thing? I don't know. Otherwise I think that the drill talks like the music (Love it). Hopefully the Guard wiill CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and they can make the top 5 IMHO.

SCV eliminated the most beautiful passage, imho, from their closer. Much prefer the musical package at the Denver show. Now that their closer is more "drum corp friendly", we will see how this turn out.