11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

13. Colts

14. Spirit

15. Academy

16. Troopers

17. Crossmen

Yes, it could happen

would love it if you were right - and that would shake up DCI a little if it did.

Don't know bout everyone else, but Blue Stars will finish in 6th.

Agreed.

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. The Cadets

4. Bluecoats

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Blue Stars

7. The Cavaliers

8. SC Vanguard

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

1. Bluecoats

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cadets

4. Blue Devils

5. SCV

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. BlueStars

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

13. Colts

14. Spirit

15. Academy

16. Troopers

17. Crossmen

Yes, it could happen

I agree. More so than any ever I can see a lot more possibilities and close placements as well this season. I'm gonna tweak mine and put corps in the brackets placement brackets I think each will end up in by finals week. Just guesswork remember.

1) BD- Show looks flat out amazing, can't wait to see them.

2) Crown- I can't wait to hear that hornline. Who'd have thought 10 years ago we'd be talking about Carolina Crown at the top?

3) Cadets- Could well be the most complete corps out there this summer.

4) Bluecoats- Definitely deserve to be mentioned with the above corps, they're earning it!

I could see any of these fine corps wining the World Title this year. I do not think that any of these groups will go undefeated and I think we'll see them flip flop in the top position throughout the summer.

5) Boston- Really looking foward to seeing them, love the musical selections this year.

6) Cavies- Not the same magic this year as in years past? Staff changes finally starting to catch up?

7) SCV- Feels like a top notch vis. show, but arrangements of Bartok seem very fragmented. Not sure they're gonna be able to hold off that may be charging below them.

8) Blue Knights- Could be the wildcard of the summer. Though they start off trailing Vanguard and crew above them by 3-4 pts, I think they'll make up that gap. Could be a special summer for them and we could see them top 6 or 7...

9) Blue Stars- Likewise for them, they're the strongest they've probably been. Show design may not be able to climb to the top, though I'm betting they'll be tweaking to add more to the theme and will make it interesting in the end

10) Phantom- Better corps and show than a year ago? Absolutely! But top 5-6 caliber? With everyone so good it's hard to know. I'm betting they'll finish anywhere from 7-10, though wouldn't be surprised to see them higher than that.

This group from 5-10 I think is interchangible, by the end of the season I would bet that we'll see these corps beat each other one night and then lose to th same corps the next. I'm thinking it's going to be tight in the end!

11) Madison- See them a solid finalist with the best opening 45 secs in drum corps. Not sure the rest of the show has enough fire power to compete this year with the groups above, but we'll see. Guard although better may be not quite at the same level as the higher groups and could be the difference.

I think Madison is a stand alone corps.. They'll make finals and not be challenged by those corps below them.

12) Troopers- I think thye've got the best product with the most difficulty if they can clean it. I say if they can they're in finals in the end. If not, Glassmen or one of the other great corps below them jump in.

13) Glassmen- Though they're improved in design, drummline and overall corps, the sound imbalance/tone of the brass may cost them. I just don't think they can compete with the likes of Madison or Troopers if they clean. If Troopers cannot perorm their show in the end, Glassmen have a great product and they'll be in finals.

14) Academy- I'm betting with the hornline they have this year they'll make a strong push towards finals as well. Problem as some have stated may be their vis. package that could hold tem out of finals.

15) Crossmen- Improved corps andif the show is cleaned on all fronts could be a dark horse for finals, I think they'll likely end up in the 14-16 range.

16) Spirit- Same as above- a dark horse finalist candidate, but probably not enough to their show to catch the groups above. X-men, Colts and Spirit will likey battle for 15-17.

17) Colts- Seem to be a good corps this year, but show may not have enough to be finalists? Never count them out, these guys are good at closing the gap and making a run. I see them 15-17, but would not be surprised if they ended up 12-14. Kinda a wildcard.

18) Pacific Crest- Another surprisingly strong corps that seems ready to pounce- Could be a the true darkhorse in this entire group

Huge amount of corps battling for 12th finalist spot. 12-18 will be the competition of the summer! Would not be surprised to see any one of these corps in the 12 spot.

19) Mandarins- A little bit lower quality than the groups ahead of them.

20) Jersey Surf- Will battle the Mandarins for 19th throughout the summer

21) Teal Sound- A good start for a young corps

22) Pioneer- Improved and different music/getting away from the more Irish choices, not enough umph to catch corps ahead of them.

23) Cascades- Not sure what to expect since they've not competed yet, but here's betting they're improved this summer!!

So good to see 23 quality corps out competing for 2010..

This is just my mind guessing at what the storylines and groupings could look like come the end of the summer. I would expect the unexpected and don't think we'll see any corps locked into anything comfortably. Gonna be a GREAT SEASON!!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cavies

6. Boston

7. SCV

8. Blue Stars

9. Phantom

10. Blue Knights