Bluecoats on top again!

I want Bluecoats in a top spot, but haven't we seen this before? They come out of the gate strong and knock off a couple big boys and all of a sudden we're rallying behind them. But then the season gets closer to the end and things plateau, changes are made (sometimes huge ones) and by finals night all the cool mello runs in the closer are replaced with whole notes.

I'll gladly cheer on Blooo every season as they have had some of my favorite shows the past few years, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was blown away when I saw them live. Always like their shows, but I love this show!

First,I marched 'coats in 88 then on to Cadets in 89...(so I'm NOT knockin COATS)with that said...same old tune...I LOVE THIS show from BCoats this year...it is OLD Drum Corps with a bit of this Body Movement not overly done...but no chance...won't finish...sorry...too much in front of it, if you havent heard DEVS CADETS or CROWN...I was just chatting with a Star Alum...same old thing they aren't doing anything new and forward thinking they are a Corps that REACTS to the times and that's about it...but man is their horn book is HOT and fan friendly!...they have managed to come out of the gate smoking...but CAN they Finish...likely Top 6 corps...but I'm betting they will be behind. CROWN, DEVS, CADETS and PHANTOM by end of season, SCV and Cavies are questionable... at this point.

Edited by Eric M. Buckman

I'd love to see Coats finish in the Top 3 and get that C.I. going for a title run. Nothing would please me more than to see the big boys add a few more ring bearers such as Coats and Crown.

Hard to believe this corps didn't even make Finals the year I marched with Crown. Amazing growth this past decade.

Bloooooooooooo is on fire this season. Lets not forget when they beat BD early in the season. I believe they will peak to soon but we shall have to wait and see if this is the course this season i hope not.

well everyone brings up 2007 and peaking. The thing is this years show design is light years ahead of 2007, and I loved the 2007 show. So I don't see this show leveling off as everyone else predicts. And in regards to the full panel, bring it on. they'll add Brass judge - Which Bluecoats will enjoy cause that hornline is smoking, and they'll add a Guard judge, which from what I've seen this is their best guard ever with the demand in the book to hold their own. So bring on the full panel and watch Blue pull away from some corps.

Let's not get carried away. Bloo hasn't done ANYTHING yet, except beat one corps ahead it from last year, Cavies, and only ONCE. Will Cavies wither and fold? Heck no.

It's an exciting show, for sure. It's nowhere near clean (I don't get where people think it is, lol). Every section is improved from last year. The design is not even done (again, I don't understand why most think it is!). It's only going to get more exciting and clean as the season progresses....just like everyone else!

Wake me up on August 1st, after they've gone head-to-head with SCV (6x) and BD (only twice). They see Cadets only twice as well.

Bluecoats have the highest score so far this season....until probably tonight. Lovin' the show!

First,I marched 'coats in 88 then on to Cadets in 89...(so I'm NOT knockin COATS)with that said...same old tune...I LOVE THIS show from BCoats this year...it is OLD Drum Corps with a bit of this Body Movement not overly done...but no chance...won't finish...sorry...too much in front of it, if you havent heard DEVS CADETS or CROWN...I was just chatting with a Star Alum...same old thing they aren't doing anything new and forward thinking they are a Corps that REACTS to the times and that's about it...but man is their horn book is HOT and fan friendly!...they have managed to come out of the gate smoking...but CAN they Finish...likely Top 6 corps...but I'm betting they will be behind. CROWN, DEVS, CADETS and PHANTOM by end of season, SCV and Cavies are questionable... at this point.

You make good points re: Crown, Cadets and Devils. Those are going to be some tough corps to beat. However, I disgree with you on one thing - that being that we'll see Bluecoats behind Phantom at the end of the season. No way, Phantom's visual is too debilitating. It's too cramped so even when it is clean, it is going to look dirty. In fact, I would be surprised in the Bluecoats finished lower than 4th and Phantom higher than 8th.

You make good points re: Crown, Cadets and Devils. Those are going to be some tough corps to beat. However, I disgree with you on one thing - that being that we'll see Bluecoats behind Phantom at the end of the season. No way, Phantom's visual is too debilitating. It's too cramped so even when it is clean, it is going to look dirty. In fact, I would be surprised in the Bluecoats finished lower than 4th and Phantom higher than 8th.

we still have over a month of the season. Phantom is in the same spot as they were in 08 on this day.