Bluecoats on top again!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get carried away. Bloo hasn't done ANYTHING yet, except beat one corps ahead it from last year, Cavies, and only ONCE. Will Cavies wither and fold? Heck no.

It's an exciting show, for sure. It's nowhere near clean (I don't get where people think it is, lol). Every section is improved from last year. The design is not even done (again, I don't understand why most think it is!). It's only going to get more exciting and clean as the season progresses....just like everyone else!

Wake me up on August 1st, after they've gone head-to-head with SCV (6x) and BD (only twice). They see Cadets only twice as well.

THANK YOU! To be honest THESE facts are what excite me most. Their score is "up there" with the big names and they are still WAY dirty (and if you think that a horn flash here and there is ALL they're doing, you are an idiot). No, they haven't even so much as seen the California corps. Is this a better out-the-gate than past years, yes. But howdy, when they get good...

It will be interesting to see how Bluecoats pan out. They seem to very polished compared to Phantom. Perhaps Phantom still has very much to add to the show; the show certainly left me more intrigued than Bluecoats (who were just plain exciting when I saw them).

well everyone brings up 2007 and peaking. The thing is this years show design is light years ahead of 2007, and I loved the 2007 show. So I don't see this show leveling off as everyone else predicts.

You say this as if they're the only corps that is light years ahead of what they did in 2007. Most other corps are. Hell, some are light years ahead of 2009 right now.

we still have over a month of the season. Phantom is in the same spot as they were in 08 on this day.

Um....they are not even remotely close to where they were at this point in 2008. In 2008 they had one of the most brilliant shows ever written - musically and visually. It was epic and had all the tools necessary to be a winner. This year isn't and doesn't. I love Regiment and I love the show musically but it is terrible visually. Demand for the sake of demand. Keep in mind I hate Myron's drills. The drill reminds me a lot of past SCV drills in the same way as Madison's 2006 drill did.

Bottom line, I don't see them finishing any higher than 8th or 9th. They are going to suffer the same fate '06 Madison did at the hands of Myron. Drill that can't look clean even if it is clean.

Edited by gellio

<Am I the only one that doesn't really like this show...?>

As others have pointed out...you're not alone. No show is universally enjoyed. That's why we go to a drum corps (plural) show...not a drum corps (singular) show -

Go for that hot dog...it's your right!

<Am I the only one that doesn't really like this show...?>

As others have pointed out...you're not alone. No show is universally enjoyed. That's why we go to a drum corps (plural) show...not a drum corps (singular) show -

Go for that hot dog...it's your right!

Truth be told - I like Regiment's show a lot more than Bluecoats - musically. Musically, PR's show is gorgeous. I'm just stating that I think Bluecoats show is stronger across the board than PR's. I like classical music, and in all reality I'll probably listen to the '10 Regiment much more than the '10 Bluecoats on the CD. Still, Bloooo has one heck of a show this year.