The Optimists Alumni host Legends of Drum Corps 2

Sorry I can't make it, but I will be at the show this Saturday hosted by Scout House. See you there!

Hey Geoff

No doubt you are 100% correct but looks like you're going to miss the first drum corps show in Toronto in the 21st Century (you could probably still catch a last minute flight in to see it).

Green by choice

Mike Lang

Looks like a great Show that truly does feature some of the Legends of Canadian Drum Corps = see you there on Saturday/

Rick

I hear that the weather will be just great, so good luck on that. The Scout House show was filled with die hard fans until the end with the rain, so hope your show is even better. Good to see the beginning of a Southern Ontario circuit going again. Unfortunately, not the kids, but the Alumni are making it strong in spirit. Good Luck Opti We'll see you there.

I hear that the weather will be just great, so good luck on that. The Scout House show was filled with die hard fans until the end with the rain, so hope your show is even better. Good to see the beginning of a Southern Ontario circuit going again. Unfortunately, not the kids, but the Alumni are making it strong in spirit. Good Luck Opti We'll see you there.

Hey Val. It's Linda from Seneca Princemen. I was in Toronto in July, yikes! I wish I could be there August 28th to watch the people I grew up who are now with Toronto Signals Band, Midlanders Alumni Corps, Simcoe United Alumni Senior Drum and Bugle Corps, Preston Scout House Alumni Band, Optimists Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps. St. Michael's College School has a heck of lot of history. Have a great time, Val. I'll be cheering for you all. If Optis make this an annual, I'll try to swing by next year. All's I can do this year is send good weather with the westerlies :-)

Edit: I was planning to go to K-W this year for Dutchboy's show :-( I keep an eye on K-W and Toronto shows in 2011. Thanks.

Edited by lindap

The Optimists Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps are pleased to announce the Legends of Drum Corps 2 show in Toronto on Saturday August 28th, 2010 at 6:30 pm. Last years inaugural show in Oshawa ON was a great success and with the last minute move this years show will now be readily accessible to an even larger audience. Our quick research suggests this is the first drum and bugle corps field show in Toronto in the last 20 years.

In performance are

The Imperial Knights Alumni Drum Corps (pre-show / see below)

Toronto Signals Band

Midlanders Alumni Corps

Simcoe United Alumni Senior Drum and Bugle Corps

Preston Scout House Alumni Band

The Optimists Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps

This years show is bigger and better but still a great bargain with General Admission only Canadian $10 (no taxes) with children 12 and under free. Tickets are available at the door or contact Mike Lang at mike.lang@sympatico.ca (Tel) 416-436-2323.

It's Official the After-Show Party is ON!!!

Immediately following the Legends of Drum Corps 2 show we are inviting everybody (performers and audience) to join us in The St. Michael's College School cafeteria which can be accessed just beyond the gates where you will be entering to see the show. The room is much larger than last year and we would love to see it filled as well.

There will be food and drink (for all ages) available so save a few dollars from your investing at the souvenir tables to join us. You'll see old friends you haven't seen for a while and have an opportunity to meet new friends that share this love for classic drum corps.

We are working on one more feature for this party that we hope to announce shortly (it's really kind of unique).

Pre-show Performance at 6:10 pm added!!!

The Imperial Knights Alumni Drum Corps from Sudbury ON have been added to the show. This is their first appearance in Toronto ever and we're happy to have them join us for what has turned out to be a great alumni show line-up.

This will be the final drum corps show in Canada for Summer 2010 so you don't want to miss it.

Green by choice

Mike Lang

Weather Forecast "Green for Go" Tomorrow!

Environment Canada is forecasting an almost perfect August day tomorrow for the Toronto area with lots of sunshine, far less humidity than we've experienced recently (eg heavy rains) and a day time high around 29 degrees C / 84 degrees F. It should be fabulous for Alumni drum corps enjoying / viewing at 6:10 pm. when the pre-show starts.

Tickets are still available at the gate for those that have not pre-bought starting at 5:30 pm directly outside the stadium behind the school. The show is also wheelchair accessible just ask at the gate for assistance.

We're hoping for a large, enthusiastic crowd on Saturday night as we already know there's a blend of some of the most experienced drum corps lovers around attending with others for whom this will be there first drum corps show ever.

This is the final drum corps show in Canada for summer 2010 so don't you dare miss it.

Green by choice

Mike Lang

Hey Optis thanks for putting together this show it was a BLAST to see what we have left in Ontario the after show get together was a welcome addition and was well run thanks to all your volunteers for taking the time to work the event :thumbup::tongue::tongue:

Hey Optis thanks for putting together this show it was a BLAST to see what we have left in Ontario the after show get together was a welcome addition and was well run thanks to all your volunteers for taking the time to work the event :rolleyes::tongue::cool:

Thanks!!!!

We're pleased everyone enjoyed themselves. The crowd was great and extremely responsive (that really makes it fun to perform). Speaking personally I'll predict there will definitely be a Legends of Drum Corps 3 show in 2011. Our challenge now will be to improve on it again and continue to provide the best closing show of the Canadian drum corps season.

See you in 2011!

Green by choice

Mike Lang