Just ordered 2011 DCI Championships tickets....

I just ordered the Super 3 package at LOS for August 11 - 13, 2011. Is it naive to think that G7 is dead?

I did think it was interesting that DCI did not force the Super "5" on us by selling the Open class tickets with the World Class as they have done for the last several years. Perhaps this is a marketing decision and not related to G7 corps leaving in any way - but perhaps they are saying Open and World class would combine without the G7 corps there. Just speculation of course, but it would allow for some "eliminations" as they progress from Quarterfinals to Semifinals to Finals. Without that someone on here posted that only ONE corps would be eliminated each show....not much of a competition. There was absolutely no mention of the Open class corps tickets in the DCI 2011 information packet.

I just ordered the Super 3 package at LOS for August 11 - 13, 2011. Is it naive to think that G7 is dead?

I did think it was interesting that DCI did not force the Super "5" on us by selling the Open class tickets with the World Class as they have done for the last several years. Perhaps this is a marketing decision and not related to G7 corps leaving in any way - but perhaps they are saying Open and World class would combine without the G7 corps there. Just speculation of course, but it would allow for some "eliminations" as they progress from Quarterfinals to Semifinals to Finals. Without that someone on here posted that only ONE corps would be eliminated each show....not much of a competition. There was absolutely no mention of the Open class corps tickets in the DCI 2011 information packet.

Well, my curiosity is piqued. Where dd you order these tickets? There's nothing on the DCI site.

Or is this just bait? Because it smells a little fishy.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

I just ordered the Super 3 package at LOS for August 11 - 13, 2011.

I got an email for ticket request too. Something about a Kenyan who had come into a large some of money in a lottery and was deathly ill, with no friends he could trust, but found me on the internet, and if I gave him my bank account, he'd wire me of his lottery winnings, and give me 30% of the winnings for safeguarding it for him, plus the Super 3 ticket Package for 2011 DCI at LOS, as he found out I liked Drum Corps too.

Did you get the SAME email ? This must be a mistake of some sort.

Well, my curiosity is piqued. Where dd you order these tickets? There's nothing on the DCI site.

Or is this just bait? Because it smells a little fishy.

Garry in Vegas

It is the email I get every year from DCI.....I ordered last year about the same time also. (I know it was BEFORE Championships in Indy.)

http://www.dci.org/_now/ticket_alerts/20100715_super3.htm

It is the email I get every year from DCI.....I ordered last year about the same time also. (I know it was BEFORE Championships in Indy.)

http://www.dci.org/_now/ticket_alerts/20100715_super3.htm

Well, there ya go then! Thanks for sharing.

Garry in Vegas

I don't know if the word is "naive." I think that G7 is not dead. I think the opposite: that G7 is a done deal. They only crack in the armor appears to be Cavies. The only way this whole thing collapses is if Cavies bow out of G7....then the rest get cold feet. So, Mr. Warren could be the lynchpin of the whole darn thing.