Change for the sake of change?

Back in the day, cavemen and all, you know, the 70s. Many corps would play the same music in a couple or 3 years in a row. My corp did it. It worked. It was good stuff, it worked, the crowd loved it. The drill changed and some music changed. But now I think most ,if not all, corps change every year. I think they are running out of stuff now. Madison has gone back to do old stuff, and it is working. It is the most entertaining show IMHO this year to me. That is my own opinion, What do you think?

Edited by Jimisback

Well, now people really complain when a corps uses 3 or 4 bars of music from the previous years show. I don't think a whole musical selection repeated in back to back years would go over too well.

None, because it's no longer about the music. The staff doesn't say, "This chart was a hit last year, let's bring it back." They say, "What music can we use to support the thematic and visual ideas of the show?" Sad.

When corps repeat things they have played in the past everyone here complains about it not being as good as the original so why would any corps want to subject themselves to that even more?

See, I never heard that.

When corps repeat things they have played in the past everyone here complains about it not being as good as the original so why would any corps want to subject themselves to that even more?

Not always. There are some seminal shows where the music was done so well, virtually any other version fails to strike accord as much.