DCI Best Color Guard Awards....

LancerFi:

How kewl! Clothes pins dressed up like you in uniform...I can just see that! ^OO^

Love it, love it!

So, besides the trophy, did DCI reward the captions with medals? Or did the individual corps recognize the captions at the private banquet? Does that make sense?

GMichael, are you certain about 1982? I recall April G's letter to the editor of DCW stating there WAS no Aux award in '82.

With so much bad line in Cavies' flag work last August, a perfect score tarnishes the award to a certain degree. I completely comprehend ranking and rating, but jeez.. they weren't THAT far ahead of BD.

Absolutely certain about 82.......

~G~

I don't think Cavi's win tarnishes anything. Although I didn't think they were the best guard of 2002, the judges have spoken.

If it had been the tick system it may be tarnished but it is not!

ok. I want proof re 1982.

Find your proof any way you want, I was there, we were rooting for 27 to take guard.......after seeing pegasus, and those wings, it was over.....they received the high guard award, we congratulated them....simple as that.

~G~

Oh, and its been 21 years.....but If I recall correctly, the Aug 31, 1982 issue of DCW, with the picture of a BD colorguard memebr using a streamer has the write up mentioning best guard..also the 83 yearbook. IF I dig it out I'll look, however, I have been promising Sue (Byline) to dig out said memorabilia for over a year now and I forgot what for !! :P

~G~

ok. I want proof re 1982.

Find your proof any way you want, I was there, we were rooting for 27 to take guard.......after seeing pegasus, and those wings, it was over.....they received the high guard award, we congratulated them....simple as that.

~G~

I thought 81 was a better guard and a sure win, not judging by the Midwest show, but by finals night. DCI East was very good as well!

As you know "the team" was gone in 82 and I was offered the rifle position. I took it in the winter for 2 weeks and then changed my mind. Who knows what might have been? I may have been on tour right now. And then again, maybe not!!! :sshh:

The guard IMO was good in 82, but I agree, those wings were just beautiful! I really liked the change in uniform in 83 but I don't believe the guard was quite as polished the previous 4 or 5 years although good also.

Think I'm biased?

The guard IMO was good in 82, but I agree, those wings were just beautiful!  I really liked the change in uniform in 83 but I don't believe the guard was quite as polished the previous 4 or 5 years although good also.

Think I'm biased?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...not at all, LancerFi...not at all

:huh:

The guard IMO was good in 82, but I agree, those wings were just beautiful!  I really liked the change in uniform in 83 but I don't believe the guard was quite as polished the previous 4 or 5 years although good also.

Think I'm biased?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...not at all, LancerFi...not at all

:huh:

Hi! Not at all what? I'm not following...newly blonde...DOH