DCA Corps Still Using G Bugles

Does anyone have a list of DCA corps that still field G hornlines exclusively?

Thanks,

Hrothgar

In Open class, Empire Statesmen, Renegades and Kilties are still playing G horns.

Empire may not be "exclusively" in G. I think Joey Pero may be soloing on a B flat trumpet.

Edited by J.C.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if these corps plan on sticking with Gs longterm? I remember reading on the DCI forums that Renegades were considering switching to Bb/F.

It's sad, but economically the right thing to do to move to Bb/F. When they decide to let go of their horns, they have the chance to sell Bb/F to local band programs to recoup some of their investment. Not enough folks in the market for G Bugles anymore for that to be a viable option for many full used G Bugle lines.

G bugle lines are a dying breed.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if these corps plan on sticking with Gs longterm? I remember reading on the DCI forums that Renegades were considering switching to Bb/F.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the Kilties are planning on sticking with Gs in the long term. We just bought a brand new set of Kanstul G horns over the last 2 years (sops and mellos 2 years ago, big horns last year). With proper care and maintenance, there is no reason that they shouldn't serve us well for many years.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the Kilties are planning on sticking with Gs in the long term. We just bought a brand new set of Kanstul G horns over the last 2 years (sops and mellos 2 years ago, big horns last year). With proper care and maintenance, there is no reason that they shouldn't serve us well for many years.

Interesting. I've always wanted to play a G bugle in drum corps, so the Kilties are definitely an option. :tongue:

AGreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy::tongue: :tongue: :thumbup:

It's sad, but economically the right thing to do to move to Bb/F. When they decide to let go of their horns, they have the chance to sell Bb/F to local band programs to recoup some of their investment. Not enough folks in the market for G Bugles anymore for that to be a viable option for many full used G Bugle lines.

G bugle lines are a dying breed.

Most start ups are going to go with what they can get their hands on.With modern notation software use can edit the key signature to match the equipment you have.That includes what valve configuration you get too.We've marched G, Bb, F and Eb until we could get enough horns to start converting to G.With the next purchase from Kingston we will be all 'G'. G's are starting to get harder to get and the price of used horns are getting steeper. You have to be more ready to purchase horns as they show up forsale now.Ebay is no longer a place to hunt down deals either. If I had the money,for new, I would still be in G.