DCA Corps Still Using G Bugles

Yup, Kanstul is still making "G" horns. If memory serves a couple of years ago the USMC signed a contract with Kanstul to be supplied with 2 valve G bugles for a period of 10 years I believe.

A buddy of mine from the Marines D&BC told me they still use them (at least they did when I talked to him last in 2008). The 2 valve bugles you stated to be exact. :tongue:

...Bb flats are cheaper when buying a new line...

I disagree. Marching brass prices can be compared directly on Kanstul's site and G bugles are way cheaper than Bb/F brass.

Music City Legend is still in G's.

I disagree. Marching brass prices can be compared directly on Kanstul's site and G bugles are way cheaper than Bb/F brass.

Unfortunety Kanstul is not a major player like Yamaha,King,Dynasty and Jupiter/Quatum.Compare Bugle prices with the internet prices of these horns and they are not close and get even higher the lower you go in the voices.

I have to disagree. I have sold many 2valve and some really ugly 3 valve g horns.Most that show up forsale are gone quickly, especially in the spring and corps start to fill out.If they don't sell here they sell overseas.Bb flats are cheaper when buying a new line,but a used 3 valve soprano in silver is about $200-300 and bari's $350-450.Used King or Dynasty trumpets in silver are going for $400-500 and bari's $400-600.

Ihave to dissagree that Bb lines are cheaper to purchase than G lines. I recently did a cost comparison between Kanstul G and Yamaha Bb/F. This was of course not taking into account any "deals" that might be worked out. The cost for Bb horns was almost twice as much as the same horns in G.

Edited by MCL_Contra

Dynasty G's are also cheaper new than Dynasty Bb/F.

Unfortunety Kanstul is not a major player like Yamaha,King,Dynasty and Jupiter/Quatum.Compare Bugle prices with the internet prices of these horns and they are not close and get even higher the lower you go in the voices.

Ah, a horn line made in heaven. Nothing beats a DEG Super Mag Contra!

Thunderbirds are on G kanstul Sops, Mellos and Baris,.................DEG Super Mag Contras

I still have mine, anyone want to buy a G Deg?

Westshore Alumni has a mix of G, Bb and Z#