DCA Corps Still Using G Bugles

St Kevins is still on G horns, and hopefully that is what we stay on! :thumbdown:

I believe Boston Crusaders Senior is also G.

As far as Boston is concerened...........................

"Conquest" just wouldn't be "Conquest" on Bb. They could blow their whole Alumni show at DCA but.......when they hit their closer.....EVERYONE is on their feet. Just the way it is.........something I always look forward to. Their signature.......just like the Cabs and the "Rumps".

Edited by melligene

As far as Boston is concerened...........................

"Conquest" just wouldn't be "Conquest" on Bb. They could blow their whole Alumni show at DCA but.......when they hit their closer.....EVERYONE is on their feet. Just the way it is.........something I always look forward to. Their signature.......just like the Cabs and the "Rumps".

Ofcourse after revamping our hornline with mostly all DEG's 32 -1. I have this orphan Getzen mellophone.Maybe I should give visitation rights to it. :thumbdown:

Three valves?

Yes.I kidding with Gene,I bought a Getzen 3 valve from him.Getzen sold some mellos that were built with Allied parts after they split with DEG.He shows symptoms of post partum depression after selling it to me.Our contras are 2 valve though,still working on that.I just finished upgrading the pit last month.

It's sad, but economically the right thing to do to move to Bb/F. When they decide to let go of their horns, they have the chance to sell Bb/F to local band programs to recoup some of their investment. Not enough folks in the market for G Bugles anymore for that to be a viable option for many full used G Bugle lines.

G bugle lines are a dying breed.

That recoup investment thing only works for the "Big Boys" who are operating on multi-thousand dollar budgets. As a Director of a Start up Corps we ran into a good deal on some 2 Valve G Bugles then some 3 Valve G Bugles.

We plan on using them for a long time and then buy a G line from Kanstul in the future.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list of DCA corps that still field G hornlines exclusively?

Thanks,

Hrothgar

Frontier will remain on G bugles when we return to the field in 2011. We've a mongrel mix of 2- and 3-valve instruments at this time, with no immediate plans for Bb horns.

The NIAGARA MILITAIRES ALUMNI have a number of 2 valve "G" horns available for sale. Most voices including ALTOS and FRENCHIES Mix of KING-DEG KANSTUL

Yes.I kidding with Gene,I bought a Getzen 3 valve from him.Getzen sold some mellos that were built with Allied parts after they split with DEG.He shows symptoms of post partum depression after selling it to me.Our contras are 2 valve though,still working on that.I just finished upgrading the pit last month.

I never test drove one of those so I have no idea how they perform. Since not very many were made you might have a genuine collectors' item.

Ofcourse after revamping our hornline with mostly all DEG's 32 -1. I have this orphan Getzen mellophone.Maybe I should give visitation rights to it. :lookaround:

Good one Jeff. I really liked that horn. Especially the serial numbe 6968. (only means something if you know the Joke.) I know you're taking good care of it. :lookaround: