Cadets to stay in DCI

Dunno if this has been posted or not, if so, go ahead and merge or move thread, mods.

http://hopsblog2.livejournal.com/428230.html

According to George Hopkins, the Cadets are intending on staying in DCI next season. I wonder if this is a G-7 wide move, or just specific to the Cadets.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, that means that somebody blinked. Someone folded. Someone caved. They had their bluff called.

I suspect that it transpired at the director's meeting that took place yesterday.

Either DCI caved, and gave in to the G7's demands - or the G7 caved, and decided to come back in the fold.

Either way, the source who is leaking this information to this board should have the details soon. I wonder if "Deep Throat" will have the information out to us before Finals on Saturday.

Of course, if DCI caved, then it could simply postpone the inevitable. Maybe the G7 will wait until 2012 to bolt. Time will tell.

But the timing is interesting. Why would G1 put this out in the public domain tonight? Is he looking for positive publicity in advance of Quarters? Is he afraid his corps will be booed during one of the performances at Indy? Is he afraid that the situation will hurt souvie sales or donations this week? Who knows what is rolling around, inside of his cabeza. But this man never does anything without a reason.

(p.s., for those of you who don't know who "Deep Throat" is, please read the Wikipedia article on Watergate, Woodward and Bernstein, All the President's Men, whatever......)

Hopkins says The Cadets are staying in DCI next year. But he and his Corps only get to stay in DCI so long as they abide by the policies they themselves agreed too. There are no compromises to be made on the G-7 plan. It is a non starter from the get go, and will fail if put to a vote. No group of Corps will be collectively negotiating any special deals with sponsors that does not adhere to the procedures of DCI regarding such matters. DCI has not caved.. nor budged an inch.

Edited by BRASSO

Hopkins says The Cadets are staying in DCI next year. But he and his Corps only get to stay in DCI so long as they abide by the policies they themselves agreed too. There are no compromises to be made on the G-7 plan. It is a non starter from the get go, and will fail if put to a vote. No group of Corps will be collectively negotiating any special deals with sponsors that does not adhere to the procedures of DCI regarding such matters. DCI has not caved.. nor budged an inch.

WOW....sound like youre on the inside there....or the rule keeper...lol......

WOW....sound like youre on the inside there....or the rule keeper...lol......

I don't speak for DCI, Guardling... but I've talked with a couple of people that I believe are in the info loop who both essentially tell me the very same thing without going into detail, ie use common sense here they tell me, when it comes to the chances the non G-7 Corps are going to support any proposal that negatively impacts their Corps. After reading the Power Point proposal, and Jeff Reams update, does anybody see much in there that would allow you to think that this somehow benefits the non G-7 Corps? I sure don't. So unless there is something we don't know, using just common sense here, there's little chance of this proposal getting the votes it needs to be approved, then implemented, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I don't speak for DCI, Guardling... but I've talked with a couple of people that I believe are in the info loop who both essentially tell me the very same thing without going into detail, ie use common sense here they tell me, when it comes to the chances the non G-7 Corps are going to support any proposal that negatively impacts their Corps. After reading the Power Point proposal, and Jeff Reams update, does anybody see much in there that would allow you to think that this somehow benefits the non G-7 Corps? I sure don't. So unless there is something we don't know, using just common sense here, there's little chance of this proposal getting the votes it needs to be approved, then implemented, imo.

Well, like with everything...time will tell all

I think the "compromise" and "agreement" that I like best is ignoring the G7 proposal and assigning them a touring schedule that keeps these seven corps very busy touring with all the other DCI corps in 2011. They clearly had too much time on their hands this summer. Idle time is the Devil's Workshop.

TWEEET! LAPS! Run Laps Around This Country!

. . ."staying within DCI" for 2011 doesn't mean anything, as the "World Series" concept is an attempt to be in both DCI and the "new circuit" at the same time, anyway.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this was an attempt at misdirection.

. . .if I didn't know better.