Eating a LARGE slice of Humble Pie

In spite of all my flameing, whining, and slurs against you Devils :doh: the facts remain;

2 consecutive undefeated Seasons, (I was fortunate to have 1 in '61), 4 Caption Awards, and 14 Championships!

I may not always understand what you do, but you do it perfectly. If ever there was a Corps worthy of a Special Place in the Drum Corps Hall Of Fame, it's The Blue Devils! BUT...

as we Chicago Cubs say "Wait 'til next year!" :smile:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of all my flameing, whining, and slurs against you Devils :worthy: the facts remain;

2 consecutive undefeated Seasons, (I was fortunate to have 1 in '61), 4 Caption Awards, and 14 Championships!

I may not always understand what you do, but you do it perfectly. If ever there was a Corps worthy of a Special Place in the Drum Corps Hall Of Fame, it's The Blue Devils! BUT...

as we Chicago Cubs say "Wait 'til next year!" :smile:

Yeah....but the Cubs have been saying that since when....the 1600s??? NOT the best example! :doh::shutup:

Yeah....but the Cubs have been saying that since when....the 1600s??? NOT the best example! :doh::shutup:

:smile:

Anyway, the last time BD had a chance to three peat was, what, '98?

The odds are against them. I'm sure we'll crown a different, equally worthy champion next year.

:smile:

Anyway, the last time BD had a chance to three peat was, what, '98?

The odds are against them. I'm sure we'll crown a different, equally worthy champion next year.

"crown"? Do I detect a prophecy there, involving the MOST rapidly advancing Corps currently? Well, I hope my observation doesn't appear too cavalier.

09, actually....but for the smallest victory spread in drum corps history in 08, BD would've had a FOUR-peat last night.

I guess I don't count '09 that way because they lost the year before... I think of a chance at a three peat as having 2 consecutive wins under your belt, and you're coming up on a chance to get that third.

I'm excited to see what happens. 96 an 97 had some similarities, but 98 felt like a bit of a direction change. I wonder what '11 will bring.

Edited by saxfreq1128

"crown"? Do I detect a prophecy there, involving the MOST rapidly advancing Corps currently? Well, I hope my observation doesn't appear too cavalier.

I'm glad you caught that. :smile:

Yeah....but the Cubs have been saying that since when....the 1600s??? NOT the best example! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Actually the Cubs were formed in 1493 during Columbus 2nd voyage. The original Coach was Giovanni Radar ( a lookout whose ongoing alerts (("Hey, watcha out! Dere's a reef dere!)) gave birth to the GPS system). The Cubs record since is 2nd to none! Probably 30th. Whereas The Cavaliers are on ongoing contender. I admit the allusion to the Cubs may NOT be the "Best Example", but the reference is to the commitment of both organizations to their ongoing progresion in the coming Season!

BTW, Congratulations to the Blue Devils!

Will 2011 be the return of hot, steamy, swingin' jazz?

The last few years have had teases of the Blue Devils of old (not to say I don't love the Blue Devils of new!), so I'm excited to see what's coming down the pipeline. Congrats BD, class acts all around.

I'm glad you caught that. :thumbup:

EASY catch!

BTW, many thanks - I now have my 'sign thingie"! And thanks to all of you who helped this old PC/iMac nerd find a way to do it.

Congrats, BD! And Special 'Grats to The Cavaliers on a magnificient Season!