Finals Review.

Personally, I thought the review was a good honest breeze blowing out of my monitor. Some may not dig it, but it was honest and sincere, two things I greatly appreciate and respect. :thumbup:

Thanks for taking your time to do this. :tongue:

I'll need to get a good listen to BD and figure it all out. I'm more curious now. Listend to some standstill footage, and from what little I've gotten an ear on, it seems they tried hard to get the feel of Graettinger... but something seemed missing.

Graettinger's music was pretty controversial when it was written, and even Bill Russo, who was also composing some prety heady stuff for Kenton and playing in the band at that time, loathed it. It was a tough sell from the beginning, and they still pulled out a win. That alone's pretty impressive.

Plan9: Always glad to hear that there are people who love the activity who didn't actually march! And I definitely get a little more where you're coming from now: as those who put the years in can attest to, after you march a season, it isn't AT ALL about your show. It's about the memories of the fun you had and the friends you now have for life. :tongue: Making jokes about a show isn't really something that offends those who march, especially at that kind of high level. Afterall--when you've just spent three grueling months with 150ish other people, sweating, eating on curbs and showering naked as a group, you kinda stop being easily offended. lol

Great review of everything! Thanks!

Me likes. Nice review :cool:

The comments about the trash can reflect the limited musical horizons of some.

Are you insinuating that the fact that the OP has 'limited musical horizons' because dissonance didn't appeal to him?

That sort of inference seems not only unfair to the OP, but also overly judgmental and quite snobbish on your behalf.

I'd assume that if you didn't like rap music that you wouldn't have much of Snoop Dogg telling you of your own limited musical horizons.

Making jokes about a show isn't really something that offends those who march, especially at that kind of high level. Afterall--when you've just spent three grueling months with 150ish other people, sweating, eating on curbs and showering naked as a group, you kinda stop being easily offended. lol

Then again, they WILL often respond to the "joker" in a similar manner (i.e. "farting in a metal trash can" = "lower primates"). So I'm not sure why Plan9's response is surprising to anyone.

Are you insinuating that the fact that the OP has 'limited musical horizons' because dissonance didn't appeal to him?

That sort of inference seems not only unfair to the OP, but also overly judgmental and quite snobbish on your behalf.

I'd assume that if you didn't like rap music that you wouldn't have much of Snoop Dogg telling you of your own limited musical horizons.

I apologize. I keep forgetting how this works.....OP makes demeaning comment about BD's production, BD honk replys with a purposefully equally demeaning remark and the rafters begin to empty with the DCP platoon pouncing on the BD honk. No comment about OP's remark...hmmm? Guess not.

Judgemental?..is the farting in a trash can comment judgemental? Oh...that's right, that wascally rule again.

I'll fix my comment just for you Lead..."OP, I really liked your review, and that comment about BD and the fart in the trash can thing...I'm still laughing, what a clever guy."

Finally, at the risk of being snobbish :lookaround: , the Musical Horizons I was referring to are listening to a production with an open mind, unincumbered by ancillary, predisposed opinions of what's being played and mostly because of who's playing it.

Edited by Plan9

and if you usually like said corps and hated it? middle primate then? :lookaround: