Just who *IS* this new audience we need to reach ...

Although it would be informative to the general public, Publishing their minutes IMO would be a disater. To have to go under the microscope for every discussion I think would be so counter productive. Look at the leaked proposal, Who really knows for sure what may or may not have been in a truly refined proposal.Nonprofits need or should publish annual reports and answer to a BOD but to put that out for discussion to the general public , to me is opening a huge can of worms I believe nothing good would come out of it. What would it prove or show? Look at the differences of opinion on this site. I just dont se it serving any use. JMO

I agree so much with this that I'm giving it a 1 1/2 (so that's 4, Guardling!)

Releasing the minutes (without a court order) would be complete disaster.

No organization besides government should be forced to manage by public consensus.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree so much with this that I'm giving it a 1 1/2 (so that's 4, Guardling!)

Releasing the minutes (without a court order) would be complete disaster.

No organization besides government should be forced to manage by public consensus.

OH.... we back on track?...lol...lets see how long though hehehehehe just kiddin Garfield :tongue:

OH.... we back on track?...lol...lets see how long though hehehehehe just kiddin Garfield :cool:

re: minutes

having some extensive experience on boards of for-profit and not-for-profits, i can offer the observation that minutes tend to be very high-level summaries of what was occurred, not a detailed transcript. Indeed, organizations tend to keep the minutes brief and very high level and often, intentionally vague.

After reading the many posts on DCP over the last year about needing to grow the audience...I've begin to wonder what kind of audience do DCP posters want to grow? Bring back the older alumni, bring in new kids, or bring in people like me (neither an alumni or kid)?

Yes, yes and yes. Bring back the alum as we are the passion that advertises like no other. In business sales, one will tell you that the best kind of referral is by word of mouth. Why then would we disenfranchise the most passionate? Bring in new kids as they are the continuing bloodline in which drum corps cannot live without. Bring in newbies, as they will become the new and old as time goes on. Yes, I believe that drum corps can bring in all three, if done just right. Of course, that's what we argue about the most. However, it is the G7 type attitude that explicitly states that the activity basically disenfranchise the most passionate followers. I will never understand this thinking.