Madison Scouts 2011

Please do MALAGUENA!! It is my favorite show of all time You just gotta keep those euph solos!

• Like 1

In other words, a lot of people want Madison in 2011 to be Madison in 1980.

Makes me wonder if a lot of folks here want meatloaf and mashed potatoes every night for dinner. Comfort food has a place, but no one should be eating it every day.

Madison got a year of comfort food to get themselves back into finals. But if they keep going back to a well from 30 years ago for programming ideas, they'll soon establish themselves as the best consistent 9th or 10th place corps in drum corps, and I imagine Mason and company recognize that. Why not hope for them to establish some NEW classics rather than just being their own alumni corps show?

I'm not very good at math, but how is "once in 1980" and "once in 2011" considered "every day" in your somewhat shakily attempted metaphor?

• Like 2

Are you ready for some Drum Corps! :worthy:

I am ready. Camp is this weekend. They will announce the rest of the music

and maybe a show title for the 2011 Scouts. Or maybe another show without

a title. Either way, it's gonna be awesome!

• Like 1

If they add a splash of red in the uniforms AND play Malaguena I will have died and gone to heaven! :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by SFZFAN

And the young men are at camp NOW! :smile:

Thom Hannum in the house, Robert Smith in the house!

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

For the sake of consistency, I'm guessing that the 3rd piece has the word "borrow" or "borrowed" somewhere within it's title....Ready?....and begin your search NOW! And for those so inclined, let us all know what you come up with and in your words why this is the next piece. You have your orders, carry on!

Still looking chief, cant say that going over some things and listening to Mr. Smiths music that a Midnight in Madison would not bug me one bit. Love that 85 Suncoast Sound.

ps. GO GREEN BAY PACKERS!

I'm not very good at math, but how is "once in 1980" and "once in 2011" considered "every day" in your somewhat shakily attempted metaphor?

Your grades at drum corps history and rhetorical conventions need a little work too. :cool:

(The point wasn't about a specific tune - though Scouts have used Malaguena at least 4 - or is it 5? - times that I can remember in the last 35 years - it was about the wish for some for Madison to always go back and recycle their own programming ideas rather than looking for new music and new ways to express their identity.)

Edited by mobrien

Your grades at drum corps history or rhetorical conventions need a little work too. :cool:

(The point wasn't about a specific tune - though Scouts have used Malaguena at least 4 - or is it 5? - times that I can remember in the last 35 years - it was about the wish for some for Madison to always go back and recycle their own programming ideas rather than looking for new music and new ways to express their identity.)

Not to mention that it has been done by the Madison Alumni Corps, The Cadets and probably

other Corps. I could go at least another decade without hearing Malaguena.

Why keep rehashing the past when there is so much great music out there that has never

been touched before. I don't mind that Madison will be doing NY, NY this coming season because

It was only done once in our past, but that is an exception. I'd love to see the Scouts

and other Corps explore some new or original music, possbibly go down the road of more

fusion or Afro/Cuban Jazz...maybe some new Broadway music. But please leave Malaguena alone

for at least a little while. :)

• Like 1

I guess we'll be waiting a little longer to know the remaining musical selection(s)...