Madison Scouts 2011

MAD respect, that's just badayus.

I can honestly say that I've never pushed myself that hard! Fully agree...

MAD respect to my younger Scout Brother! :worthy:

• Like 1

I can honestly say that I've never pushed myself that hard! Fully agree...

MAD respect to my younger Scout Brother! :worthy:

Totally! I pushed myself through physical injuries and other issues, but nothing like sick enough to puke during a show. Props to the member who pushed through the sickness!

* On a side note, as both a percussionist and a percussion judge, I can't help but smirk at the plethora of bon mots that would go with that picture (I saw one on facebook of the picture with the caption "Madison Scouts 2011: Leaving it all on the Field")

Joe Stork is absolutely amazing. You have to love this kid. He represents everything drum corps is all about! My wife and I were sitting in the 20th row in Section 141. We watched this kid march through it all on finals night. And what a performance he and the Scouts put on!

Great job Joe and Madison!

Dave Faust

Reading Buccaneers

Chief of Police, Emmaus, PA.

Edited by dafepd

For the life of me I have no idea why Jolesch felt the need to publicly publish this photograph, especially without any greater context to the situation. It almost seems that their intent was to embarrass this young man.

So let me put it in context, this was one of our snare drummers and the photo was taken on Finals night. All week long he had been battling an illness, one that had him in the ER on the Monday before Finals. In late July we lost one of our snare drummers due to injury leaving us to finish the season with only 8. This young man fought hard all week to keep the section in tact for the championships. Instead of sitting on the sidelines he opted to perform...and perform he did.

I can tell you that everybody had the greatest respect for his effort. Obviously the physical exertion took its toll at the end of the show, much like you see with athletes who push themselves to the limit. Once he was able to rest and rehydrate, he was fine and attended the retreat ceremonies.

He was a great sport about the situation and the guys in the corps appreciated the fact that he "left it all on the field" that night.

So that's the full story.

Chris Komnick

Executive Director

Madison Scouts

Nice!

Edited by thirdcoast

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

And it's okay to laugh, if you don't have laughter in your life than you are taking it too seriously!

Joe Stork

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...