Madison Scouts 2011

Well, since this year's show went over so well, I think I'd push for another nostalgic year and go with some classic Madison latin pieces, such as Malaguena for instance.

• Like 1

Given the great season Madison had in 2010, if you were to continue the "re-branding" of Madison, what would your next concept be? Discuss!!

I know I will get flamed but I'm gonna say it - MALAGUENA!!

• Like 1

I say continue "Rebuilding the Madison Brand" and reintroduce Classic Madison to the younger folks. Keep catering to the crowd and not design a show to please the judges.

Edited by Tony Flores
  • Like 1

An updated version of the 1975 show !!!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but it was more than obvious to me that Madison's obvious weakness right now is their upper brass (kind of ironic for the men from Madison, I know). This year's show was so LOW and middle voice focused, it would be silly to revisit Malaguena just yet unless they can rope in some serious talent level in their soprano/trumpet line. Look no further to the 3 trumpets on the stands at the end of this years show. These guys were the top talent in the section, and they ended playing on middle register notes, quite uncharacteristic of the Scouts.

My point, they have a long way to go before 24 Jon Schipper's come running through their doors. Recreating a 1988, 1995, 1996, etc would be admirable, but not yet.

IMO, they've got plenty of time to still "rebuild" their brand, use a decent pace, give us a bad ### show, but don't bite off more than you can chew.

• Like 1

Not sure what Jim Prime would do, but I'm pretty sure Jim MASON already knows what he wants. :thumbup:

You beat me to it. It was Jim Mason who brought Jim Prime on board, not the other way around.