Blue Devils 1989 Ballad Soprano Solo

Sorry for starting a topic about this but quick question for anyone who may know. Was the ending soprano solo in the ballad always written in that octave, or was it taken up late in the season? I heard a recording from a performance from about a week before finals, and the soloist plays the highest part down an octave. Was this just a one time thing or was it like that all season?

From what I hear it was like that all season, and he was rock solid on it every night

From what I hear it was like that all season, and he was rock solid on it every night

Except for Finals night.

He recovered well.

I'm assuming that you're joking as he was still gacking notes in the intro to the next tune.

I'm assuming that you're joking as he was still gacking notes in the intro to the next tune.

I wish I had dollar for every note I ever missed. I'd be writing this from my yacht in the Bahamas, sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it, while beauty queens fanned me with palm fronds.

And you, sir, where may we hear recordings of your perfect solos?

Edited by ironlips

I wish I had dollar for every note I ever missed. I'd be writing this from my yacht in the Bahamas, sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it, while beauty queens fanned me with palm fronds.

No recordings. No solos. Just addressing the posts of perfection and recovery. In fact, I happen to like that show very much.

Something is wrong. The thread about the BD 1989 soloist wasn't due to come up again until next week.

And here I was, about to set my clock by it......

Well, I will always have "Will Star ever return?" as a reliable clock-setter.

settle! he was just pointing out a fact!!

:)