DCP-I Proposal Regional Tours

Proposal: Reinstate prior regional touring rules, but with more flexibility

Rationale: In earlier seasons, there were various rules for touring in the first half of the season. These included:

Corps must designate a region as their "home base"

Corps had to compete at the same regional championship as their "home base" region

Corps could not tour outside their "home base" region during the first half of the season

My proposal is as follows:

Corps must designate a region as their home base when they first register. When a corps is registered, they must compete in that region for the first week (defined as the initial weekend and the following full week) of the season and during the week of the regional championships. Beyond that, they are free to tour wherever they wish. There would be no touring restrictions after the regional championships are complete.

The regions would be set as follows:

East: New England states, NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, VA, WV, DC, Quebec, Ontario

Midwest: MI, OH, IN, KY, IL, WI, MN, IA, MO, ND, SD, KS, NE

South: NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, MS, AL, AR, LA, OK, TX

West: CA, OR, WA, MT, WY, ID, CO, UT, NV, AZ, NM, AK, HI Alberta, British Columbia, Mexico, Japan

Effect on the activity: Would lead to more realistic touring while still allowing and encouraging out-of-region touring, would lead to larger attendance at certain regional finals (esp. East and Midwest)

Submitted by Matt, Kadence

Kadence- Yes.

Glory of Music - Yes

Yes

Yes.

(This is actually how I thought it did work...) :tongue:

YES!

Just as an added note... this will be hard to enforce. Especially for those people who sign up on the website, and never really visit the forums...

Yes