DCP-I Proposal Remove Finals Week Changes

Proposal: Elimination of finals week caption changes during the off season

Rationale: By eliminating the caption week finals changes, we create the possibility that a max set at finals might not indeed make finals due to poor scoring Quarters or Semi scores. This will create a risk vs reward situation in caption selection.

Example... You have 2005 INT for brass with a cost of 17 points. INT scored an 19.1 at finals and is a prime caption for value but at quarters, INT scored an 17.2 in that caption. You are know stuck with INT 05 and their 17.2 for quarters, you can not use INT 04 (17 points) and their 19.2 at quarters (but scored a 17.8 at finals) and simply change at the next round.

By removing the caption change, you have a risk of not making finals despite having the best caption set for finals. History has shown this to have happen on several occasions in FDCI.

Effect on the activity: Balance to the league and new strategies come into off season play.

Submitted by: Cloudhype, Mystré

Glory of Music - No

I just don't think this will have any effect, because DCI hasn't had wild judging swings at finals in ages. Almost every corps, every sub-caption is +/- a couple tenths from Quarters to Semis to Finals. I can't think of a single instance RECENTLY of a corps gaining or losing 2 points in a single sub-caption during Championship week.

No

Hmmm... I am unsure.

Would the potential introduction of a 'Five-Year Caption Selection List' negate the need of this?

edit: Abstain.

Edited by Tin Guardian

Well, each motion is voted for on its own... you can abstain if you wish though. If they both pass... then they both pass...

No

No

abstain