DCP-I Proposal Caption Change Deadline

Proposal: Extend caption change deadline from 4:00pm CST to 7:00pm CST

Rationale: Allow participants living in timezones outside Central Standard Time (more specifically outside U.S. time zones) elbow room (per se) to submit captions. For example, Pacific Standard time runs 2 hours behind CST, meaning captions are due at 2:00pm, which for most people is during normal working hours. In Japan, this measures out to 6:00am in the morning. Adding three hours to the due time can allow a bit of a comfort zone for these time zone residents to submit captions. 8:00pm CST I think is more suitable, but during the live season, this might run over into score announcements of east coast shows.

Effect on the activity: Most directors would not be affected by this change and during the live season, the deadline would still fall before show score announcements. As scores for DCPi are not announced until the following day, this should not affect the tabulating process either I would think. Residents in Europe would not be affected as the deadline already fell well into the night.

Submitted by: Edward Escobar, Raincross

Kadence- Yes.

Glory of Music - Yes

Yes

Yes.

YES

Yes

Yes