You know drum corps is dying when.............

. It has to do with keeping kids interested.

youth opinion > your opinion

Won’t anyone think of the children !!!!!

I’m just tired of burned out, middle age men telling me what they think band kids think is cool. It becomes even more difficult to take when I hear band kids tell me that 50 year old, burnt out hamlet-syndrome men speaking on their behalf are wrong

I also think letting kids call the shots is wrong and so would most people, you know, that’s why kids don’t have the same rights as adults and why kids need adults around

Mostly I think that when people speak on behalf of the kids when they are not a kid they are in fact hiding behind the kids to push their agenda which is akin to child abuse (but not in a literal, legal sense, more so a clever word play, stylistic sense)

I’m one of those people that respects kids but don’t think we should base a multiple million dollars active are their opinions, that we should teach and guide them so they can form and act upon their own opinions as adults

Jonas Brothers for President, no, I meant Miley, wait Justin the bbbbbbb

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the solo required actual dynamic contrast? Something beyond f-fffff (in the lower range)?

While I actually don't mind amplification of the pit, I'd say then it probably doesn't belong on a football field, where the closest audience members can range up to 20 yards away.

Mike

I’m just tired of burned out, middle age men telling me what they think band kids think is cool. It becomes even more difficult to take when I hear band kids tell me that 50 year old, burnt out hamlet-syndrome men speaking on their behalf are wrong

I also think letting kids call the shots is wrong and so would most people, you know, that’s why kids don’t have the same rights as adults and why kids need adults around

Mostly I think that when people speak on behalf of the kids when they are not a kid they are in fact hiding behind the kids to push their agenda which is akin to child abuse (but not in a literal, legal sense, more so a clever word play, stylistic sense)

I’m one of those people that respects kids but don’t think we should base a multiple million dollars active are their opinions, that we should teach and guide them so they can form and act upon their own opinions as adults

Jonas Brothers for President, no, I meant Miley, wait Justin the bbbbbbb

I also get tired of kids speaking for other kids.

JUST SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!!!!

Edited by WOOHOO

What if the solo required actual dynamic contrast? Something beyond f-fffff (in the lower range)?

Well.....if the pit wasn't amplified, then the soloist wouldn't have to be amplified to overcome that, would he/she? :thumbup:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah, 'cause I just hate it when the form takes control of my mouse and forces me to click on a thread that I know I'm going to hate... :thumbup:

Satire. Some like it, some don't. And as someone already opined, some of these really are spot-on.

:hmmm:

For those who like to take shots at the so called dinosaurs remember that if it was not for them you or the activity would not be here today.Those people marched 8-10 12 yrs most with the same corps witch we called dedication back then.Now let some one march 1-2 years and they are an authority on the history of drum corps.They may have something and the two needs to get together.Remember they had 85-140 corps at their nationals now you get 24 and 15 i don't see that as growing.

The reality is that junior drum corps is a youth activity, and must continually appeal to youth, whatever form that may take in order to appeal.

youth opinion > your opinion

Respectfully, I would like to know where you would draw the line at innovation in drum corps. Are there lines that you wouldn't cross?

So, what you're saying is Hoppy needs adult supervision ?

:thumbup::hmmm::tongue:

For those who like to take shots at the so-called dinosaurs: remember that if it was not for them, you or the activity would not be here today. Those people marched 8, 10, 12 yrs., most with the same corps witch we called dedication back then. Now let someone march 1-2 years, and they are an authority on the history of drum corps. They may have something, and the two need to get together. Remember they had 85-140 corps at their nationals; now you get 24 and 15. I don't see that as growing.

Tell me more about this "corps witch" and why you called her "Dedication". Which corps did she march with? :thumbup:

Pretty big britches from a n00B who's just learning to shave with DCP shaving soap!

:devil:

:thumbup::hmmm::tongue::angel1::lol:

you sir, may drink from my cooler