Show order for Alumni Spec.?

Perfect Andy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real simple, Tom... Take each alumni corps' average score from its three previous shows and seed them in reverse order.

Oh.... Wait a second.... Never mind....

nice!

Have a sense of humour Standy. Of course it's an honour to perform and I'd do it at 4am if need be. We had so much fun. Just the chance to be back on the starting line like we did in the early 70's was such a joy. My hubby and I were away from drum corps for 28 years (ex Etobicoke Crusaders) before we picked up a horn and drum again in 2002, and it all came back. The joy of the competion/exhibition, the comraderie, the bus trips, and the looking up at a glowing crowd. That's what drum corps is about. The RUSH. Such a thrill to be there. I thank the Alumni people for having us. A great Joy. I just wondered how it worked.

Cheers

Didn't know that was you Steve. Still a great job of announcing. Ya know you could have said The "Bayonnesmen". :ph34r:

Well, by the time we got about half way through the Alumni Spectacular, I started into total system failure! With Friday night, all day Saturday, and early Sunday morning, things were starting to blur over. Probably had something to do with being limited to two adult beverages a night. All of the shows were being run on a very tight schedule resulting from the higher production values demanded by (and greater results achieved by) the new video team. All three days were tightly scripted but I believe the final product will be appreciated by all.

Of course, there were several other stumbles throughout the weekend, some caused by last minute changes by the corps, some due to late submission (or even non-submission!) of write-ups, and, of course, some were just normal fluffs encountered in "live radio". But the unsung hero at the stadium was Rocky, the stadium's audio control staffer. He provided us with audio countdowns, countouts, and live cues and handled all communication with the production trailer. Absolutely indispensible! :tongue:

Edited by K2SMA

Real simple, Tom... Take each alumni corps' average score from its three previous shows and seed them in reverse order.

Oh.... Wait a second.... Never mind....

Preston Scout House, September 10, 1965, 66.300 + September 17 1965, 72.000 + September 18, 1965 72.000=210.300, 70.100 average... :tongue:

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Robert

But the unsung hero at the stadium was Rocky, the stadium's audio control staffer. He provided us with audio countdowns, countouts, and live cues and handled all communication with the production trailer. Absolutely indispensible! :tongue:

100 percent agree. He was awesome to work with!!!!!

:tongue:

Hey Ream!! Don't you be givin' me dat look!!

I saw you listed among the acknowledgements in Rudnicki's book. That says somethin' to me - a book about Nazis and vampires - and you're listed among the credits. Hmmmmmm.

Hey Ream!! Don't you be givin' me dat look!!

I saw you listed among the acknowledgements in Rudnicki's book. That says somethin' to me - a book about Nazis and vampires - and you're listed among the credits. Hmmmmmm.

yes. my work on RAMD attacking both groups got me the nod :tongue: