2010 Drum Corps Associates World Championships - Prelims

It's a small corps, but they come out of the gate with lots of energy, starting with the opening of the final movement of Shostakovich #5.

Guard is on Soviet flags. I'll get a picture up shortly.

I have to say, the horns have a lot of talent and play well together despite their small size and difficult book.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum solo is from the Nutcracker. Just one tenor, two snares, three basses, but nine pit, although two of the pit players are in guard unis and might just be in for the solo.

Wish I was there!!!!!!!

I'll be checking in every once in awhile.

Thank you for doing this!!! You guys ROCK!!!! :doh:

Excelsior in action:

10%202:04:27%20PM.jpg

It's a small corps, but they come out of the gate with lots of energy, starting with the opening of the final movement of Shostakovich #5.

Guard is on Soviet flags. I'll get a picture up shortly.

I have to say, the horns have a lot of talent and play well together despite their small size and difficult book.

Approx Hornline size?

Russian Easter Overture. Horns are starting to lose a little steam. They're playing A LOT of music so far.

One of the horn players has an air cast on his foot and has spent most of the show in a wheelchair, standing at times when he can support his weight.

All featured brass players have been really strong. One mello who had a duet w/ the sop soloist and some features is in a walking cast/wheelchair and goes between sitting standing. Nice job! Contras have a really nice sound and projection especially only having 2 of them.

Approx Hornline size?

11 horns.

They also have two featured guard members, one in white (Anastasia), the other in black (Rasuptin?). If I knew the story, I could tell you for sure who the bad guy is.

The closer is Pictures at an Exhibition - Hut of Baba Yaga and Great Gates of Kiev. Not like SCV, although the same pieces.