2010 Drum Corps Associates World Championships - Prelims

oops i'm a little late. this should be good. thanks for doing this keven. next best thing to being there. :doh:

Yep, I got here around 10 mins ago myself... :tongue:

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind is really gusting right now. I'd hate to be in the guard. Heck, it's gonna be tough marching in certain directions for anybody on the field, depending on which direction the wind blows.

One More Time, Chuck Corea up next. Soprano soloist has rejoined the corps for this song. Excellent start to the song, pulling off that ominous sound which opens the piece.

Just one contra player on the field, but he is REALLY playing! Especially now that we're on the middle of the piece with him laying down a great bass line and soloists coming up front.

Baritone soloist has a killer tone. Wish I sounded that good.

Cincinnati Tradition in action:

10%202:23:42%20PM.jpg

Huge sound to finish as the horns come up front and wail. Drum solo now. We have three snares, one tenor, two "multi-percussionists", for a lack of a better term, four basses, one cymbal, and three pit.

Drum solo happens pretty quick. We're already into the close. Being a show of Latin jazz, I'll give you three guesses as to what the closer is...

And I would be wrong! It's Mask of Zorro!