Drum Corps Museum and Hall of Fame

Butler Pa and run the show again as well US Open

I love that Idea! The Butler PA show was a really good show, and had a long history. The idea should be kicked off by people here on Drum Corps Planet. I am in the middle of organizing a foundation for new, and small drum and bugle corps, and some work on a Texas Region of the SDCA. I could also include work on a Drum Corps museum.

Edited by cdm

• 4 weeks later...

You could put a Drum Corps museum in almost any State or in some cases City! There "should " be a museum for our activity but as usual WHERE? Is Indianapolis the Holy Grail of marching music now?

Should DCI DCA have their own separate museums?

What ever happened to Bobby Bellarosa's collection? Ray Osherhoff's bugle collection? etc

You could put a Drum Corps museum in almost any State or in some cases City! There "should " be a museum for our activity but as usual WHERE? Is Indianapolis the Holy Grail of marching music now?

What ever happened to Bobby Bellarosa's collection? Ray Osherhoff's bugle collection? etc

DCI/DCA/Legion/VFW and then other smaller circuits, bugle room, drum and percussion room, guard area with high ceilings for implement and prop displays should each have a wing off of a central hub, .............a video window wall, virtual stadium,.............a mobile museum could be based from a place like this,..................possibilities are endless,............

If properly done like any legit museum, I imagine you could get many items and collections donated and/or permanently loaned for display and archiving. I would gladly donate much of my collection to an effort like this,...................

As for location,........... that could/should/would be debated once some sort of exploratory committee was formed to look at some intitial seed money, feasabililty, cost, potential funding, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be a stand alone entity that represents the entire spectrum of Drum corps activity. It should not be affiliated with one single competition organization.

School buildings like these would be good locations for a museum.

1. http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16070080/38-Miley-Indianapolis-IN/

2. School Building For Sale in Eureka, Kansas $59,000 http://schoolpropertylocator.com/school-building-for-sale-in-eureka-kansas.html

3.School Building For Sale in Arcadia, Kansas $79,000

http://schoolpropertylocator.com/school-building-for-sale-in-arcadia-kansas.html

4. School Building For Sale In Youngstown, Ohio $109,000

Square Foot Total on 1.38 Acres
Single Story Attached Gym
Kitchen
Stage attached to 2 Story School Building plus surrounding lands!
Newer Roof & Replacement Windows
All furniture & fixtures at time of sale will be included unless marked
All brick, stately historic front entry with foundation stone
Large Parking Area
Very nice piece of land with surrounding parcels

Large church/religious properties would work also. There are a lot of those for sale in the Midwest, and east coast.

School buildings like these would be good locations for a museum.

1. http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16070080/38-Miley-Indianapolis-IN/

2. School Building For Sale in Eureka, Kansas $59,000 http://schoolpropertylocator.com/school-building-for-sale-in-eureka-kansas.html

3.School Building For Sale in Arcadia, Kansas $79,000

http://schoolpropertylocator.com/school-building-for-sale-in-arcadia-kansas.html

4. School Building For Sale In Youngstown, Ohio $109,000

Square Foot Total on 1.38 Acres

Single Story Attached Gym

Kitchen

Stage attached to 2 Story School Building plus surrounding lands!

Newer Roof & Replacement Windows

All furniture & fixtures at time of sale will be included unless marked

All brick, stately historic front entry with foundation stone

Large Parking Area

Very nice piece of land with surrounding parcels

great idea!.........a school with a football field would be friggin' awesome!,...........it could be a venue for a show or a few, World, Open, DCA, as well as soundsport, winter guard shows, indoor drumline contests........it could house corps across the season,............auditorium for the virtual stadium and show feeds,....................lease facilities out for other shows, concerts and community events and meetings,................

Great idea for the old school. Went to a wedding near Huntington, WV few years back and wanted to go thru the Old Radio/Television Museum (forget the name) there. Got there and the parking lot was jammed (huh?). Turned out the museum used to be the small towns old school and it was the day of the yearly reunion for all classes. Explained to the caretaker we were from way out of town and this was the only day we could see it because of the wedding next day. Answer was "Guess no one will mind, they're all looking at the stuff too" and let us in.

Kicker was when someone yelled my name during our visit..... Turned out my cousins husband went to that school.... :tounge2:

PS - Have a school near us for sale but a bit big for what is needed.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Great idea for the old school. Went to a wedding near Huntington, WV few years back and wanted to go thru the Old Radio/Television Museum (forget the name) there. Got there and the parking lot was jammed (huh?). Turned out the museum used to be the small towns old school and it was the day of the yearly reunion for all classes. Explained to the caretaker we were from way out of town and this was the only day we could see it because of the wedding next day. Answer was "Guess no one will mind, they're all looking at the stuff too" and let us in.

Kicker was when someone yelled my name during our visit..... Turned out my cousins husband went to that school.... :tounge2:

PS - Have a school near us for sale but a bit big for what is needed.....

Where are you located? The size of the school is no major issue. The museum could be co-located with another non-profit organization.(The museum could lease the excess space, and reduce operating/ownership costs)