What show whould you rather see....

What show (of the two) would you pay to see again?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 2010 Blue Devils

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i said is almost always the case from my perspective.

not hard to tell people who hate a corps at all.

the problem is, anymore, even saying you dont like the YYZ Cadets 2011 show makes you a hater, even if you loved 2010.

the problem is, anymore, even saying you dont like the YYZ Cadets 2011 show makes you a hater, even if you loved 2010.

LMAO, yeah by that reasoning I'm a Westshoremen "hater". Couldn't stand most of their 1978 show and cringed every time they SANG that ###### ####### "Music" song. Could only bring my self to give a golf clap for that one.

For everyone elses benefit check my sig, especially what I was doing in 1978......

It's hard to know for sure how others who were around in 1995 and in 2010 would respond, but I 'd prefer to watch all the 12 Finalist Corps from 1995 rather than the DCI Champion from this past year. That said,the talent of this year's DCI Champion was definately superb. Nobody can take the high level of of overall section efficiency away from them.

I agree 100%. I was there both 1995 and 2010 Finals. Not only would I take any of the 1995 finalists over the 2010 BD production, I would watch any of them 10 times before watching the BD show from 2010 again. I too, respect the excellence BD acheived in 2010, but wow, never seen a show be that big of a miss with me in 20+ years (And I love some of the "out there" shows like Star 93, BD 95, Cadets 05, etc...). Can't remember a show in the last 20 years that more felt like it would never end, no matter if it was my first viewing or 8th viewing of the season...

Scout '95, on the other hand was one of those "lightning in a bottle" type shows that just connected with crowd & drove the audience into a frenzy - very similar to PR & SCV in 89, Cadets '95, Cadets '00 and PR '08. Pantheon shows in my opinion. They don't come around very often, but they are a sheer joy when they do.

Harvey