RIP Gerry Tremblay

This is terrible news; Gerry and I were the best of friends and spent so many years together

in the Guelph Royalaires and Niagara Regionnaires. We always shared rooms at DCA and

had such great times together. Gerry's passion was always drum corps and it showed.

After the Regionnaires, Gerry went to MSJ, of which he always talked fondly. I carried on

competing, but we always crossed paths at many DCA shows.

Gerry was always a solid player, on both soprano and mellophone; the kind of guy any corps would love to have in their line.

Please post any arrangements when they become available.

I can't believe this has happened...

RIP my old friend,

I will miss you.

I marched in MSJ with Gerry since 2005 and he was just exactly the way Eddie, Geoff and Bruce described him. Always a smile and a kind word-quiet and unassuming, but ALWAYS there. He was one of the people that made marching in St. Joe's a pleasure-I'll miss him a lot, as will everyone in the corps-not just the mellophones, or horn line, but everyone in every section will feel the loss.

Rest in peace, brother,

Gary Richardson-Honor Guard

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Gerry

Gerry was a hoot! I first met him when I was teaching the Royalaires in 1978. I could pick out his sound anywhere. If you listen to the DCA record of the Royalaires in 1978, you'll hear his distnct vibrato in the Holst Jupiter.He was a lead sop back then. I last saw him at the Crossroads show in Batavia at the end of September.We both looked at each other and laughed....Still at it Eh?

I am so sorry to hear the news and I as well as so many of his drum corps friends will miss him. He was a friend to all.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He was a great guy I always looked forward to seeing.

Steve Cooley

I am shocked. Gerry was one of those guys you could count on to always be there with a smile and a kind word. I will miss him.

RIP old friend

Gerry will be missed. We had a good relationship when Gerry marched at St Joe's. I could always count on a smile when I would come around the horn line with a tuner and skip him intentionally because he was Canadian.

I heard some of the details and the hit and runner should get his due...sad and unfortunate.

Donny

I have known Gerry since he joined the Mellophone line of Mighty St. Joe’s. He was such a gentleman and just an all around good guy. Any Corps would have been honored and lucky to have him in their horn line. Never saw him get upset and always had a positive attitude. There is now a huge empty space in our Mellophone line. I personally will miss him a lot.

RIP Gerry, our Canadian friend

A true shocker!! Bruce thanks for posting.

Our deepest sympathys to the family ...... a very upsetting and heartfelt loss. Jerry always had a smile for me ..... especially when I tried to bum a cigarette from him ... he always said no ...... this was a weekly ongoing thing for us on break @ Joes. Sherry and I were happy to call him our friend.

May The Lord Bless Thee & Keep Thee Forever, as is our promise from Him.

God Bless you & your family! Our prayers go out to you. Gerry, up there, you gotta be in the best corps that can ever be. RIP