Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

2011 Carolina Crown Production

Virtuosity and excitement collide when rock and roll meets romanticism. From stage diving to piano concertos and lighting truss to drum sets, Carolina Crown shifts gears and takes drum corps entertainment in a new direction. With musical selections from Queen, Rolling Stones, Rachmaninoff, and ELP, and iconic quotes from Jimi Hendrix, Guns & Roses, Deep Purple, Rihanna, and Ben Folds, the talented young men and women of Crown 2011 will explore the look, lifestyle, experience, and showmanship of being a “Rach Star.”

Repertoire

We Will Rock You

by May (Queen)

Iron Man

by Black Sabbath

Piano Concerto No. 2

by Rachmaninoff

Symphonic Dances

by Rachmaninoff

Paint it Black

by Richards & Jagger (Stones)

Piano Concerto No. 1

by Emerson (ELP)

Bohemian Rhapsody

by Mercury (Queen)

• Like 2

No more attempts to lighten the mood with tangos or fairies. I love 2009 and 2010, but I really want eleven minutes of dark symphonic power that goes for the jugular from Crown.

Interesting......I feel completely the opposite.....leave "dark" to the other eight or so corps that will be presenting it. Dark is real old....been done way too much as of late.....

Crown.....lets see music from the movie Gettysburg.... :lol:

Best of the luck Crown 2011

Interesting......I feel completely the opposite.....leave "dark" to the other eight or so corps that will be presenting it. Dark is real old....been done way too much as of late.....

Crown.....lets see music from the movie Gettysburg.... :lol:

Best of the luck Crown 2011

I agree with the sentiment that dark is getting be a little overdone. I think there's a huge middle ground between dark and tinker-bell though! I would to see some RVW done by Crown. A lot of his stuff has not been on the field and it is very translatable. Very excited to hear reports during the weekend about the first camp.

• Like 1

I agree with the sentiment that dark is getting be a little overdone. I think there's a huge middle ground between dark and tinker-bell though! I would to see some RVW done by Crown. A lot of his stuff has not been on the field and it is very translatable. Very excited to hear reports during the weekend about the first camp.

:smile::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

We need some RVW on the field!!! I would love to see Crown play some RVW. :lol:

I agree with the sentiment that dark is getting be a little overdone.

A little overdone ? It is cremated to a crisp....lol

I think there's a huge middle ground between dark and tinker-bell though! I would to see some RVW done by Crown. A lot of his stuff has not been on the field and it is very translatable. Very excited to hear reports during the weekend about the first camp.

don't get me wrong...I don't necessarily want a tinker-bell type show either.....that's why I suggested Gettysburg....some pretty brutal battles...should equate to some tense musical moments.....along with the triumphant happy moments....

• Like 1

No more attempts to lighten the mood with tangos or fairies. I love 2009 and 2010, but I really want eleven minutes of dark symphonic power that goes for the jugular from Crown.

Also, I need my Blu-Rays. :lol:

i agree.

no corps have done really great dark orchestral music lately for a whole program. crown did for a couple of minutes in 2010, and it was great.