Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Robert Van Winkle?? Vanilla Ice???? :lol:

ice ice baby!

showing our age...

Make sure the pre-show isn't the best bit of the whole show!

The 2010 show itself was very good but the pre-show rocked!

Even with Tink in the show, they played St. Michael the Archangel, which is so BA the title itself even sounds BA, and Sensamaya. That's a pretty good chunk of dark. At least there was no Red Pony. I can't stand shows that are all happy all the time, except for maybe Cadets 2000.

I said this before....Crown needs to play some jazz. Well, they will do it....it's just a matter of when.

I will then call them the Ice Cream Devils...that is, after they win a championship.

Edited by bccadet09

I would to see some RVW done by Crown.

All this talk about Crown, dark and RVW make me think Of Symphonies 6 or 7. No. 7 (i.e. Sinfonia Antarctica) would be WAY too bleak, even for them. How about the Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis for the horns?

Interesting......I feel completely the opposite.....leave "dark" to the other eight or so corps that will be presenting it. Dark is real old....been done way too much as of late.....

Crown.....lets see music from the movie Gettysburg.... :lol:

Best of the luck Crown 2011

Great call on the music from Gettysburg! Everytime I watch that movie I mention to my wife that a corps should do this music. Great emotionally charged music.

Great call on the music from Gettysburg! Everytime I watch that movie I mention to my wife that a corps should do this music. Great emotionally charged music.

every time a "possible future corps music" thread pops up I always mention gettysburg! fantastic and emotional - it would be great, but I feel it is a tad too simplistic for crown. Maybe as a ballad, or perhaps a lower corps could do well with it. I'm thinking troopers or academy.