Madison VS BK

Mbwun

The big difference between Madison and BK this past season was, imo, that people were practically peeing themselves to see the Madison Scouts relevant again. Fans went for a long time without an entertaining, competitive fun show out of the team from Madison. The Scouts went against the grain (though not as much as some think they did), designed a show around the music and the fans ate it up. Myself included.

BK has become rather stale. Very stuffy, uninspired show design. Uninteresting musical selections. They are to the mid-late 2000s what Glassmen was to the late-early 1990s/2000s. Just plain boring.

Edited by contrajedi8

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BK has become rather stale. Very stuffy, uninspired show design. Uninteresting musical selections. They are to the mid-late 2000s what Glassmen was to the late-early 1990s/2000s. Just plain boring.

And we have this as verifiable fact? Or is this one of those I'm-just-speaking-on-behalf-of-the-public-'cause-I-know-what-everybody-thinks situations?

That's pretty rough there, friend - dissing two teams like that with one broad stroke!

peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

And we have this as verifiable fact? Or is this one of those I'm-just-speaking-on-behalf-of-the-public-'cause-I-know-what-everybody-thinks situations?

That's pretty rough there, friend - dissing two teams like that with one broad stroke!

peace,

Fred O.

In the dictionary according to Websters:

opinion, view, belief, conviction, persuasion, sentiment mean a judgment one holds as true. opinion implies a conclusion thought out yet open to dispute.

Not dissing anyone. Apparently the kind of drum corps you and I find enjoyable are different. Good for you. Good for me. Lets be friends.

:laughing:

BK did get a ton of love for last years show. Maybe the reason you're seeing a perceived excess of love for Madison can be answered quite simply.

BK was trying a new diretion.

Madison was returning to it's roots ... and has a longer history of top12 success than BK performing that style of arrangement.

Just a thought.

I couldnt disagree more. I thought the 09 and then especially the 2010 shows, were the best out there from BK in awhile.

Honestly, I have found BK to be boring for years.......until 2010.

Note: NEVER have I thought them to "suck", but they have played a lot of stuff over the years that quite frankly just didn't grab me.....however their 2010 show DID. Great job BK.

I couldnt disagree more. I thought the 09 and then especially the 2010 shows, were the best out there from BK in awhile.

I agree with this. I enjoyed the Blue Knights show last year for the first time in years.

Then again, different strokes for different folks. The poster here thought they were boring for him this year. And of course, that's valid too, as it's all what floats your boat when it comes to show enjoyment.

Edited by BRASSO