Grab a bowl, It's time to dish: 2k11 Style

PrfctTimeOfDay

Also really excited to see what West Johnston does with their 3-D show...handing out 3-D glasses to the audience members is going to be such a neat thing. Great idea!

I saw them at the richmond regional but their flags and costumes arent in yet. All I am gonna say is, the first things the rifles do is an ensemble seven. LOVE IT! They spin extremely well. The show is a riot, lots of fun. They have their closing flags and when they picked them up the audience gasped at the effect with the 3d glasses. I havet seen it on the fan network yet because I havent renewed, so I dont know how much comes across.

I've watched it on fan network a few times - - - i can't imagine watching it live with the glasses on - - - - the effects without the glasses are great. The closing flag is a WTH moment - it certainly made me smile. I love something new!!

batteries included! :cool:

a few groups are using battery powered lights and several are considering the idea.it should be interesting to see how clever,creative and smart our designers can be. :thumbup:

SAC world is using strobe lighting! :w00t:

Edited by dugg

rumor has is that the wgi fan network is powered by hamsters running in a stationary wheel. Frustrated customers complain about videos buffering every 10-15 seconds making a 6 minute show take at least 15 minutes to view. Uh-oh...time to think about more bandwith or a change away from the brightcove platform? :ohmy:

wgiwheel.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Are they going to fix this problem because it is very frustrating, especially since it worked amazingly with the older version.

rumor has is that the wgi fan network is powered by hamsters running in a stationary wheel. Frustrated customers complain about videos buffering every 10-15 seconds making a 6 minute show take at least 15 minutes to view. Uh-oh...time to think about more bandwith or a change away from the brightcove platform? :ohmy:

wgiwheel.jpg

For those experiencing issues with the fan network, I would recommend calling WGI and asking if they can help. It has been my experience that they are more than willing to help and genuinely care about those who support them. I know they are striving to offer the best service possible. Also, make sure that your connection is through a wired source, and not wireless... as that can affect the playback. Hopefully this helps. :smile:

I haven't experienced issues with the fan network - but I'm glad to know that WGI is willing to help out if there is an issue.

I watched Shenendehowa (SO) yesterday - LOVE the show after they open up their floor... didn't care for it beforehand. A neat version of Summertime and a gorgeous tarp!

South Brunswick (SO) - they too have a great tarp; I think the show will do well at WGI when they are cleaned up and so forth. Some really great things in their program!

I absolutely love what Blessed Sac is doing - it's fresh, it's exciting, it has multiple layers and I can't wait to see it live!!!!!

Later,

Mike

Yep, I saw South Bruns last weekend too. They were the pink ones, right? I remember the beautiful uniforms more than I remember anything else from that day! I also like Shenendehoah a lot, but I actually did like the opener ofthe show. Made me feel a little dark and scary - in a good way. I think maybe I just liked that chick's voice screaming in whatever language that was.

I also like Norwin in SW. I know they are not popping some huge numbers, and I sort of wondered if the scoring was a little harsh at this regional. So few popped a 70, and the consesus was that many deserved to. Ehhhh - early season I guess - judges don't know where to put anyone yet I guess.

Anyway, if this regional was an indicator of what's to come for the season, bring it on.

the indy regional this weekend should be interesting,the first time carmel and avon will be seen together and also the first live viewing of onyx by a wgi panel. :thumbup: