DCP Offline

JohnD

We will be taking the DCP forums offline on Saturday December 4th, so we can perform a major software and database upgrade. The site will go offline Saturday morning and will remain offline until the upgrade is completed - which will be later Saturday evening.

We're very excited about this upgrade - as it adds a number of new features to the forum, including:

• a new look and feel.
  • significant improvement in the area of 'community' - with things like member "Reputation", "Status Updates", member "Rating", etc.
  • major changes in the PM system, including "conversations" - where multiple members may participate in a PM thread.
  • Status Updates allow members to share what's on their mind, in a short post - much like Twitter or Facebook
  • a collapsable sidebar, where you'll find the most recent headlines from the DCP Front Page, recent Status Updates, and links to recent posts.
  • an easy way to share a link to a thread via Facebook, Twitter, or an EMail message.
  • a re-vamped Calendar system - where we'll allow members to submit CORPS EVENT items for our calendar.
  • an enhanced editor, that provides easy formatting and WYSIWYG functionality.
  • VASTLY improved mobile access, including support for Invision's *FREE* IPB.Board application for the iPhone.

.... and a large number of internal and management improvements.

This upgrade has been in the works for a number of months and we're now ready to roll it out to our members.

Thanks for your patience during this upgrade. We'll get the system back online as quickly as we can.

-john

Edited by JohnD
added mobile access to feature list

[*]significant improvement in the area of 'community' - with things like member "Reputation", "Status Updates", member "Rating", etc.

-john

Member Reputation..... :blink: After get togethers this past Holiday, sure a few of us have a real "reputation" with the family and friends. :satisfied: Sounds good John, good luck with the upgrades.

s/ Guy who has done more upgrades than he cares to think about..... :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

And just WHAT am I supposed to do on Sat., Dec 4th? Go shopping or something?

What will I do? What will I do?

:satisfied:

Thanks John and staff. The upgrades sound yummy-good.

We will be taking the DCP forums offline on Saturday December 4th, so we can perform a major software and database upgrade. The site will go offline Saturday morning and will remain offline until the upgrade is completed - which will be later Saturday evening.

We're very excited about this upgrade - as it adds a number of new features to the forum, including:

• a new look and feel.
  • significant improvement in the area of 'community' - with things like member "Reputation", "Status Updates", member "Rating", etc.
  • major changes in the PM system, including "conversations" - where multiple members may participate in a PM thread.
  • Status Updates allow members to share what's on their mind, in a short post - much like Twitter or Facebook
  • a collapsable sidebar, where you'll find the most recent headlines from the DCP Front Page, recent Status Updates, and links to recent posts.
  • an easy way to share a link to a thread via Facebook, Twitter, or an EMail message.
  • a re-vamped Calendar system - where we'll allow members to submit CORPS EVENT items for our calendar.
  • an enhanced editor, that provides easy formatting and WYSIWYG functionality.

.... and a large number of internal and management improvements.

This upgrade has been in the works for a number of months and we're now ready to roll it out to our members.

Thanks for your patience during this upgrade. We'll get the system back online as quickly as we can.

-john

CRAP - I forgot to mention that another of the changes that we'll see with the new system. MUCH IMPROVED mobile access. In-fact, there's a *FREE* iPhone application that will allow posting to the forums - with full member features.

More on this, once we get the site released.

-john

CRAP - I forgot to mention that another of the changes that we'll see with the new system. MUCH IMPROVED mobile access. In-fact, there's a *FREE* iPhone application that will allow posting to the forums - with full member features.

More on this, once we get the site released.

-john

YES!!! An Iphone app!! No sarcasm at here, I have been waiting for ages.

What about Android accessibility?

Out of curiosity, does the new version support hover-over previewing of threads? I know some other boards im on do this, if it doesnt, any way it could be implemented?

Looking forward to the other new changes.