Mobile Device Access Status

JohnD

We've only had the resources to do limited mobile browser testing, so I would be very appreciative if a wide segment of our users would let us know how the mobile access works for them.

All 'modern' mobile browsers on 'Smart Phones' should be able to render the pages well - with a few exceptions, I'm sure. We're automatically routing requests from these devices to a special 'skin' that is optimized for those devices.

Please try accessing the site from your iPhone, Blackberry, Android, and other devices by simply browsing to http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums.

Try it out, then let us know in this thread your phone model, version, and results.

We'll keep a list and provide it to others that would like to connect via phone.

Thanks!

-john

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I was trying out the mobile version, and I accidentally clicked the link at the bottom that tells you to revert to the non-mobile version of the site. The link was so close to the "Search" link that I mis-clicked. Now I can't seem to get it back to the mobile version. I've tried clearing the cache to no effect. Can someone please tell me how to get it back to the mobile version of the site? Also, could you add some padding between the two links, because I can see that easily happening again with the links being so close to each other. By the way, I'm using an iPhone 4.

Also, is there a way to get the mobile version on your regular computer browser? I always used the low-fi version before you changed over, and now it seems to be gone.

Other than that, things seem to be working great. Thanks!

Edited by jaylogan

Hello,

I was trying out the mobile version, and I accidentally clicked the link at the bottom that tells you to revert to the non-mobile version of the site. The link was so close to the "Search" link that I mis-clicked. Now I can't seem to get it back to the mobile version. I've tried clearing the cache to no effect. Can someone please tell me how to get it back to the mobile version of the site? Also, could you add some padding between the two links, because I can see that easily happening again with the links being so close to each other. By the way, I'm using an iPhone 4.

Also, is there a way to get the mobile version on your regular computer browser? I always used the low-fi version before you changed over, and now it seems to be gone.

Other than that, things seem to be working great. Thanks!

Jay -

You'll now find the IPBoard.Mobile selection available on the choice list at the bottom of the page (which probably now says "DCP Blue"). Select that skin choice on your phone and it will be returned to the mobile browser.

If you simply MUST use the mobile interface - you can do so on your desktop computer as-well. However, know that you're not receiving the full benefit of the site's features.

I'll also look at changing the mobile layout to provide a little bit of separation.

-john

Thank you for adding the mobile theme to the dropdown! Now, with the separation, it's much easier to perform searches!

The site looks great on an iPhone4! Thank you. Much improved.

There's also the free app you can download to view the site, but it basically just takes you to the normal mobile site in Safari. I didn't see any advantage to using it other than to group multiple sites on one page for easy access.

only problem today on the Iphone was when replying to a post, I could not get to the bottom of the quoted material to type...any way to navigate that so I dont end up typing in the middle of a quoted post?

only problem today on the Iphone was when replying to a post, I could not get to the bottom of the quoted material to type...any way to navigate that so I dont end up typing in the middle of a quoted post?

I dunno. It (Safari web interface - NOT the iPhone app) worked fine for me. Opened the reply to your post, touched the bottom of the reply window to position the cursor .... and off we go.

-johnD. (via my iPhone's browser)

Jeff I think I know what you're talking about. Did it happen when you tried to reply to a longer quoted post? If that's the case, when you select the typing area in the Safari Browser it doesn't automatically take you to the bottom of the post if it fills up the entire area. To get around that you actually have to tap the typing field to select it, then hold down your finger like you were going to copy/paste/select so the little magnifier comes up. Then while still holding your finger down, drag it to the bottom of the screen and it will scroll through the quoted text until you get to the bottom of the quote. Then you can type outside it like you would a normal post.

Yeah it's an annoyance when trying to respond to a long quote but that's the only way I've seen on getting around it.