Mobile Device Access Status

JohnD

Something else I've noticed.

I log in on both the phone and the computer. I have noticed that the theme stays the same on both. For example on my computer I switch to "DPC Blue" while logged in. Later on, when I go to my phone (where I'm already logged in,) the theme is still "DPC Blue", and I change it back to "IP.Board Mobile". Then, when I go to my laptop, I notice that the theme is still "IP.Board Mobile".

Personally, I think that it's quite nifty to keep it like that, because I like the "mobile" theme on both the computer and the phone. But I don't know if it's really a "feature". ;)

Yes - it IS a "feature". The system keeps track of your last skin selection in the database to provide a consistent user experience - no matter where you log in from.

As was noted above - the system remembers your last skin selection ... so, if you've last used the mobile interface - that's what its going to deliver to you the next time you connect. It will remain that way until you change it.

As for the Android Incredible, I did some research and have found the 'signature' for that device and added it to the database. The site will now recognize that version of Android.

-john

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup: thanks!

Here are a couple of posts (from this thread) which provide ideas on how to navigate within the iPhone browser. It sounds like they may have something useful for you to try, Jeff.

(diggin the MultiQuote feature)

i'll give it a shot tonight. thanks!

Never mind...

For a second, the "Full Content" link re-appeared. But when I clicked it a couple of times, the "Theme" drop box came back.

Edited by jaylogan

The "Full Version" link has reappeared on the bottom of the screen. Can we at least have a little dot that separated that link from the "Search" link, like the separation that all the other links have?

Right now it looks as though it's the "Full Version Search" link, and it's confusing and easy to mis-click the wrong link.

I'm really happy with the mobile website functionality, and even downloaded IP.Board's app for the iPhone.

The "Full Version" link has reappeared on the bottom of the screen. Can we at least have a little dot that separated that link from the "Search" link, like the separation that all the other links have?

Right now it looks as though it's the "Full Version Search" link, and it's confusing and easy to mis-click the wrong link.

The reason the "Full Version" link "reappeared" is because you weren't logged-in to the site - therefore, not having permission to change your skin selection. I've added a separator to the mobile skin for that situation and it should be easier to navigate now.

Thanks for the heads-up.

-john

• 1 month later...

This is so FREAK'n cool!!!! Wow, great improvement. Now I can be more connected with all you guys! Yay!

(btw, I'm posting this somewhere over Kentucky at 30,00ft on my way to Dallas!) gotta love inflight wifi!

Dang-it, gotta answer this Ol lady's call-light!