Mobile Device Access Status

JohnD

SD and Jeff,

Another way to get to the bottom of the reply text area is to place 2 fingers Inside the text area and flick up. Just like you do to scroll, but using 2 fingers instead of one and stay inside the text box. Keep doing that and you'll get to the bottom more efficiently. Then you can touch the end of the quote and start typing.

Hope that helps!

Edited by jaylogan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something else I've noticed.

I log in on both the phone and the computer. I have noticed that the theme stays the same on both. For example on my computer I switch to "DPC Blue" while logged in. Later on, when I go to my phone (where I'm already logged in,) the theme is still "DPC Blue", and I change it back to "IP.Board Mobile". Then, when I go to my laptop, I notice that the theme is still "IP.Board Mobile".

Personally, I think that it's quite nifty to keep it like that, because I like the "mobile" theme on both the computer and the phone. But I don't know if it's really a "feature". ;)

testing...

Something else I've noticed.

I log in on both the phone and the computer. I have noticed that the theme stays the same on both. For example on my computer I switch to "DPC Blue" while logged in. Later on, when I go to my phone (where I'm already logged in,) the theme is still "DPC Blue", and I change it back to "IP.Board Mobile". Then, when I go to my laptop, I notice that the theme is still "IP.Board Mobile".

Personally, I think that it's quite nifty to keep it like that, because I like the "mobile" theme on both the computer and the phone. But I don't know if it's really a "feature". ;)

Yes - it IS a "feature". The system keeps track of your last skin selection in the database to provide a consistent user experience - no matter where you log in from.

I dunno. It (Safari web interface - NOT the iPhone app) worked fine for me. Opened the reply to your post, touched the bottom of the reply window to position the cursor .... and off we go.

-johnD. (via my iPhone's browser)

i'll have to try again later. thanks!

I dunno. It (Safari web interface - NOT the iPhone app) worked fine for me. Opened the reply to your post, touched the bottom of the reply window to position the cursor .... and off we go.

-johnD. (via my iPhone's browser)

the problem persists with long posts. it puts me in the middle of the quoted post

oh well

Jeff I think I know what you're talking about. Did it happen when you tried to reply to a longer quoted post? If that's the case, when you select the typing area in the Safari Browser it doesn't automatically take you to the bottom of the post if it fills up the entire area. To get around that you actually have to tap the typing field to select it, then hold down your finger like you were going to copy/paste/select so the little magnifier comes up. Then while still holding your finger down, drag it to the bottom of the screen and it will scroll through the quoted text until you get to the bottom of the quote. Then you can type outside it like you would a normal post.

Yeah it's an annoyance when trying to respond to a long quote but that's the only way I've seen on getting around it.

SD and Jeff,

Another way to get to the bottom of the reply text area is to place 2 fingers Inside the text area and flick up. Just like you do to scroll, but using 2 fingers instead of one and stay inside the text box. Keep doing that and you'll get to the bottom more efficiently. Then you can touch the end of the quote and start typing.

Hope that helps!

Here are a couple of posts (from this thread) which provide ideas on how to navigate within the iPhone browser. It sounds like they may have something useful for you to try, Jeff.

(diggin the MultiQuote feature)

using the standard browser on a droid incredible.... slow to load, and super small screens - i have to double tap to enlarge them to the point where i can read them, and then scroll around with my finger.

oh wait. scrolled way down to the bottom and clicked on the mobile skin and that certainly looks much better.

in that case, it didn't automatically load the mobile version when i navigated over to it.

and it saved my changes on my laptop as well - here i am on my laptop posting (again, have yet to post from the phone) and it's in the mobile skin.

and it saved my changes on my laptop as well - here i am on my laptop posting (again, have yet to post from the phone) and it's in the mobile skin.

Yes, this was mentioned a few posts above. Apparently it's intentional. I like it, but I can see how it could cause some issues.

Edited by jaylogan