Most likely to win first/beat Blue Devils?

158 members have voted

1. 1. Between these two corps, who is most likely to win their first ring in 2011?

2. 2. Which corps is most likely to end BD's undefeated streak in 2011?

• The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen

Or you could create your own new path and leave everyone else in the dust. That is what the cadets did in the 80's, the blue devils in the mid to late 90's, the cavaliers in early 2000's, and the Blue Devils again did as of late. Copying what is working might get you a title or two, but making your own formula for success will make you a dynasty.

All too true, but #### hard to do! It may sound cliche...but I really believe Chandler, Murphy, Ryan & Company weren't BSing when they started Risking Absurdity back in 08. There was a definate threat that it would all go sideways and they would have to limp back to normal. But each year they have driven the bubble further out and it remains intact.....to their naysayers surprise (and maybe even a little bit to themselves as well). BD's only competition is BD and the bubble at this point!

Along those same lines, I think the Cavies found out that the bubble must expand each year.....even the mobile mosh pit gets stale. I also think that they found out this year that a hyper version of yourself (executed perfectly) can not out expand the bubble (if the competition has a good one going on!).

Ultimately, something's going to break this year....BD's bubble, the dino's hearts, a winning streak or Jeff's Jetta!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Plan9

Ultimately, something's going to break this year....BD's bubble, the dino's hearts, a winning streak or Jeff's Jetta!! :rolleyes:

Guess we will have to wait and see. BD has 11 wins to go, that's a long stretch of season with the ToC added in. And for everyone that won't like the products put out by the Blue Devils and other top corps, I know they'll find something to watch that they enjoy. There's 23 corps, someone has to have a show that will appeal to them

All too true, but #### hard to do! It may sound cliche...but I really believe Chandler, Murphy, Ryan & Company weren't BSing when they started Risking Absurdity back in 08. There was a definate threat that it would all go sideways and they would have to limp back to normal. But each year they have driven the bubble further out and it remains intact.....to their naysayers surprise (and maybe even a little bit to themselves as well). BD's only competition is BD and the bubble at this point!

Along those same lines, I think the Cavies found out that the bubble must expand each year.....even the mobile mosh pit gets stale. I also think that they found out this year that a hyper version of yourself (executed perfectly) can not out expand the bubble (if the competition has a good one going on!).

blue%20cocktail%204.jpg

oh come on -- it's only a wee little drink :-)

blue%20cocktail%204.jpg

oh come on -- it's only a wee little drink :-)

It certainly is! :rolleyes:

baileys_mint_chocolate_shaken_lg1.png

While I don't think it will happen this year, between the two choices for the first question, I think Crown will get a ring before Bluecoats.

As far as breaking the Devils' streak, I'm going with Cadets purely based off of what I've heard from the brass so far. :)

Cavies had a template, too. Hence it almost seemed like everyone was trying to put forth some type of "original music" composition on the field. And all the while that was happening, for the most part, BD stayed true to who they were, IMO. I really think that what BD is doing now is their own version of what the Cavies were doing earlier last decade. I remember 2003, when Cavies had their most amazing original show design (Spin Cycle) and it was defeated by BD because they were simply better - not necessarily by design, but by performance and execution. BD has been winning most captions, not restricted to GE alone. So to infer that other corps have to mimic certain aspects of BD's design template in their own unique way in order to complete is not true. And I don't think the judges are only rewarding championships to shows that are abstract or outside the box. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

Cavies had a template, too. Hence it almost seemed like everyone was trying to put forth some type of "original music" composition on the field. And all the while that was happening, for the most part, BD stayed true to who they were, IMO. I really think that what BD is doing now is their own version of what the Cavies were doing earlier last decade. I remember 2003, when Cavies had their most amazing original show design (Spin Cycle) and it was defeated by BD because they were simply better - not necessarily by design, but by performance and execution. BD has been winning most captions, not restricted to GE alone. So to infer that other corps have to mimic certain aspects of BD's design template in their own unique way in order to complete is not true. And I don't think the judges are only rewarding championships to shows that are abstract or outside the box. Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree completely. I do believe that you need to be entertaining to keep the judges attention (and interest) over the course of the summer.

The Blue Devils are executing a comparable (or better) book better than their competition. They could perform jumbled space chords for 11 minutes at their level and as long as there was difficulty in that book, they'd win. Because they are better. They execute and perform.

I believe that Crown showed that they are loosing momentum last season...

I do not think the Bluecoats will win a DCI championship...

No one will break the streak this season... That is all... :thumbup:

• Like 1

I believe that Crown showed that they are loosing momentum last season...

I do not think the Bluecoats will win a DCI championship...

No one will break the streak this season... That is all... :thumbup:

agreed.