Lead Trumpet Players Wanted

Dave Scott

From the Madison Scouts facebook page -

"The Scouts have a few select positions available in the horn line. In particular, we are looking for lead trumpet players with exceptional range. If you are interested in auditioning, please contact Dann Petersen at director@madisonscouts.org"

"Double Cs consistently and strong would put you on upper lead and/or solo work."

"Double Cs consistently and strong would put you on upper lead and/or solo work."

Unless your name is Melissa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the Madison Scouts facebook page -

"The Scouts have a few select positions available in the horn line. In particular, we are looking for lead trumpet players with exceptional range. If you are interested in auditioning, please contact Dann Petersen at director@madisonscouts.org"

That is so old school. Can't they just have the synth do it?

Musicality is optional. I hope the judges don't start rewarding "screech garbage" again.

I picked my words carefully.

Not carefully enough.

"Musicality is optional"? Do you really believe Donnie VanDoren and his brass staff would tolerate any form of "garbage" playing?

• Like 1

Not carefully enough.

"Musicality is optional"? Do you really believe Donnie VanDoren and his brass staff would tolerate any form of "garbage" playing?

...thinking...deep breaths...making "cool down" gesture with hands pushing down and exhaling slowly...whew, ok, I'm going to let this go.

Please make that "Double C's with the ability to match the ensemble without the use of a microphone." :)

If you can get a rule change to increase age-out to 41, I'll be at the next camp. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Musicality is optional. I hope the judges don't start rewarding "screech garbage" again.

I picked my words carefully.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm curious though what you believe "screech garbage" to be and if you have any examples of this.