Two questions on PM messge Center

1) How do I see they old messages that people have sent me? The older version of DCP I could go to the bottom right of the page and pick from messages Sent and Messages received. Now I only see the messages I sent and can't find a way to get to received msgs. I can read a new msg sent me (one time only) thru msg notification and that's it.

2) The titles of msgs I have deleted still show up with a red X. How can I get rid of them?

1) How do I see they old messages that people have sent me? The older version of DCP I could go to the bottom right of the page and pick from messages Sent and Messages received. Now I only see the messages I sent and can't find a way to get to received msgs. I can read a new msg sent me (one time only) thru msg notification and that's it.

The PM system is one of the areas of major change in the new forum software. All messages have been converted into "private discussion threads' or "Conversations" - so there's no concept of "Sent" and "Received" .... only threads that you participate in. The "Starter" of the PM Conversation is indicated in the PM list, so if you're the "Starter" it would indicate that you were the originator of the Conversation. If the Starter is someone else, they were the original sender.

While I realize this is a bit of a transition to make, the changes to the PM system provide significant improvement over the previous method in-general.

2) The titles of msgs I have deleted still show up with a red X. How can I get rid of them?

Simply check the box at the far right of the PM listing in the My Conversations list ... select "Delete" from the action list ... and press "Go". The selected PM Conversations will be removed.

OK.... now I'm seeing that any msg with the same title are now grouped together with the newer msgs added at the bottom. Of course different from the old method of two seperate entries in the list. My problem is I have very few back-n-forth PMs since the change and was checking old back-n-forth PMs that had some msgs deleted. Also see Msg Title and Re: Msg Title from the old system are under different groupings so that threw me when I was checking earlier.

OK, BIG reason for the problem was I didn't look at the scroll bar and didn't realize there were msgs underneath. :doh:

Appears the Red X msgs are the deleted individual PMs from the old system back-n-forth msgs. Wonder if they got regenerated with the new system.

Thanks John.