Pre-June Prediction Thread

ITT: Not a single person has put my corps to a change in place of less than +2.

Feels good man.

And, just speaking in general relative terms from what I've heard from people I know in various programs without getting too crazy...

Colts down (so many people leaving)

Bluecoats retaining, which means up (but up is a mighty hard direction to go...)

Blue Stars staying or at least up

Scouts up

Cavies... ? (lots of new faces in the battery, but new faces who've been playing together for a very long time)

Crown maybe down

everyone else - don't know

This in fact is not really a true statement the Corps has retained many vets and the corps is still getting better every month.

This in fact is not really a true statement the Corps has retained many vets and the corps is still getting better every month.

Consider all these Drum Corps Corps placement predictions to be the like Farmers Almanac predictions. The Farmer's Almanac makes a weather prediction for what the temperature and weather will be for ( say ) Indianapolis, Indiana on August 13th, 2011... and makes it up to a year in advance before that date. We do pretty much the same thing here as the Farmers Almanac does with their weather predictions. And we place about as much stock in these predictions as do the readers of the weather report that come out of the Farmers Almanac a year in advance. That said, like the predictions and the reading of the weather reports for August 13th in Indianapolis, Indiana in the Farmers Almanac, it's also fun to make and read now the predictions of the DCI Corps placements for August 13th, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana as well.

Ps.... I do recognize that in the end, our Top 6 Corps placement predictions for Indianapolis 6+ months out, ultimately turn out to be closer in range scores than do the Farmers Almanac weather temp. range degrees for Indianapolis 6+ months out.

Edited by BRASSO

I think we shouldn't just have a one year prediction thread. We should have a 10 year prediction thread. It's just as useful, and this way we can get a full decade's worth of placement prediction benefits accomplished. The 10 year prediction thread could be be sort of lengthy, but I suggest we put beside all the same World Class Corps, where we think they'll finish each year in the next decade. This should make it relatively easy to do and for others to view.

May have to take into consideration any corps that may not be around in 10 years.

Here it is:

1. Troopers

2. Pioneer

3. The Academy

4. SCV

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Glassmen

7. Cascades

8. Blue Stars

9. Cavaliers

10. Cadets

11. Blue Devils

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Bluecoats

14. Carolina Crown

15. Velvet Knights

16. Bridgemen

17. Yamato

18. Kilties

19. Does it really matter at this point.....?

• Like 3

May have to take into consideration any corps that may not be around in 10 years.

Good point. We also might have to consider that in 10 years we all could be dead and gone too, Ghost.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Here it is:

1. Troopers

2. Pioneer

3. The Academy

4. SCV

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Glassmen

7. Cascades

8. Blue Stars

9. Cavaliers

10. Cadets

11. Blue Devils

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Bluecoats

14. Carolina Crown

15. Velvet Knights

16. Bridgemen

17. Yamato

18. Kilties

It would if you're a Colts fan ( the ones from Iowa, not from Indianapolis ) Crossmen might surprise and beat the Bridgemen. It's overdue,imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Consider all these Drum Corps Corps placement predictions to be the like Farmers Almanac predictions. The Farmer's Almanac makes a weather prediction for what the temperature and weather will be for ( say ) Indianapolis, Indiana on August 13th, 2011... and makes it up to a year in advance before that date. We do pretty much the same thing here as the Farmers Almanac does with their weather predictions. And we place about as much stock in these predictions as do the readers of the weather report that come out of the Farmers Almanac a year in advance. That said, like the predictions and the reading of the weather reports for August 13th in Indianapolis, Indiana in the Farmers Almanac, it's also fun to make and read now the predictions of the DCI Corps placements for August 13th, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana as well.

Ps.... I do recognize that in the end, our Top 6 Corps placement predictions for Indianapolis 6+ months out, ultimately turn out to be closer in range scores than do the Farmers Almanac weather temp. range degrees for Indianapolis 6+ months out.

Umm, you ever bother to compare the FA weather predictions with what the weather actually ended up being? They have a record of being more accurate than the weather channel. Just sayin.

• Like 3

Good point. We also might have to consider that in 10 years we all could be dead and gone too, Ghost.

The fact that you had to edit that short reply leads me to think you couldn't type your response fast enough. May everyone live healthy and safely so they can be around in ten.

Here it is:

1. Troopers

2. Pioneer

3. The Academy

4. SCV

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Glassmen

7. Cascades

8. Blue Stars

9. Cavaliers

10. Cadets

11. Blue Devils

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Bluecoats

14. Carolina Crown

15. Velvet Knights

16. Bridgemen

17. Yamato

18. Kilties

You totally forgot 27th Lancers LOL tongue.gif

Edited by UP Drumline

Umm, you ever bother to compare the FA weather predictions with what the weather actually ended up being? They have a record of being more accurate than the weather channel. Just sayin.

Seems like it sometimes. But the reality is that the daily weather reports projecting the weather over the next 24-72 hours is far and away much more accurate than the Farmers Almanac prediction for those 24-72 hours that was made 6+ months ago. But I understand your point nonetheless.