Hi there!

My name is Vicky Wielosinski, and I am a 2010 age out from the Bluecoats. After spending the last 5 years marching in DCI, I am a little lost as to what to do with myself this upcoming summer. I currently attend Indiana University, and work part time for the IU Campus Bus system. One of my supervisors, who has been a long time fan of DCI recently approached me with an interesting idea.

During the summer months IU Campus Bus is not able to offer work to it's part time employees (mostly students). Many students have been approaching the supervising staff asking if there are other work opportunities available for them to use their Commercial Drivers License. I was then asked if I knew of any drum corps that was still looking for drivers for their summer tour.

I realize that many corps now use established companies who provide buses and drivers. I believe though, that there are still some corps that use their own buses, and hire their own drivers.

There are a large number of part time employees at Campus Bus that I have access to contacting. Is there any way that someone would be able to help me get in touch with those corps that hire their own drivers, so that I may help pass along the information to those looking for summer work?

All IU Campus Bus employees go through classroom and driving training and must pass the Indiana state CDL driving test. Each driver has a Class B CDL with passenger and air brake endorsements.

Thank you for your time and help!

Vicky Wielosinski

260-615-6326

vewielos@indiana.edu

IU Campus Bus

Warren Bascom

812-855-1579

wbascom@indiana.edu