Cadets Uniform

Read what I wrote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The current members should understand that none of the hostility is directed at them. None of it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the hostility is reflected upon the current members.

• Like 1

It's also fair to say that NO ONE HAS SEEN what this year's uniform looks like.

I'd imagine some on The Cadets staff have seen it... and the manufacturer, maybe a handful of others too, perhaps.

Edited by BRASSO

To me, it's not so much about the uniform changing as it it George being George about it. Hide it...cover it up....say one thing and do another...

Maybe the alumni are finally figuring out that George doesn't and never has cared about tradition. He understands it...he just doesn't care.

• Like 5

But the hostility is reflected upon the current members.

No it isn't.

It's reflected on what started out to be a uniform change to a WGI unitard and abandoning, regardless of how long, the iconic uniform. The details, at this point, are just varying degrees of muck...

• Like 1

No it isn't.

It's reflected on what started out to be a uniform change to a WGI unitard and abandoning, regardless of how long, the iconic uniform. The details, at this point, are just varying degrees of muck...

You mean to tell me that none of the current members of the Cadets aren't feeling hurt or upset over this arguement?

You mean to tell me that none of the current members of the Cadets aren't feeling hurt or upset over this arguement?

I mean to tell you that the members of The Cadets are tougher than that and do not WILT over arguments like this. They might be upset but they understand that they have more important things to do than worry about what happens here.

• Like 1

No it isn't.

This is why I said selfish. There is no problem with alumni having issues with George Hopkin's choice to change the uniform for this year, or wanting to express that concern. What you don't realize, is when you (all of the current active alumni going crazy right now) talk about breaks in tradition and how this is the worst thing to happen in the history of the universe, that DOES reflect poorly on the members. Have you not seen the 300 emails saying they are still looking for a few talented horn players to fill the brass line completely? Do you think that maybe bringing Armageddon upon the Cadets is the best way to ensure the members have the same enjoyable experience you (all alumni) did?

It is selfish because you fail to realize the repercussions of your actions on the current members of the Cadets, not because you want to express your opinion. Go ahead Cadets alum - Give me Negative Rep for the this one too!!!!! All you are doing is proving my point entirely, and continuing to make the current members of the Cadets feel worse about themselves, their organization, and their future with the corps.

Ask yourselves: What is all of this negativity accomplishing? One thing - hurting members. Posting angry comments on forums and facebook will CERTAINLY not make George Hopkins change his mind. This is destructive, and you need to figure out another way to express your concern. Such an organization with some of the best alumni of any corps in the history of the activity are making many, including current members, think otherwise. That is a shame.

On another note, BRASSO, I did not say YOU were the cause of people losing sleep, but instead the influx of comments like yours.

Edited by brassEXPERT
  • Like 3

It's a passionate issue for some, and it is only made WORSE by individuals throwing up their hands and walking out of the proverbial room without opening themselves up to NEW information or discussions.

For the record, nobody here on DCP has" walked out the proverbial room ". Some of us here are commenting on how it is being reported that some of The Cadets alums walked out of the room when they heard this announced, that's all. The loudest and most vociferous criticism on this is not from those not afiliated with The Cadets. Read the thread. The MOST critical comments and objections here on DCP are found within the ranks of The Cadets and their alums themselves. Now, if some want to blame me or others on DCP for this turn of events, then that's certainly rich. (but that's fine by me,.. I don't care, no big deal. )

Edited by BRASSO