Cadets Uniform

As a drum corps fan and alumni, full of pride, that almost puts me to tears. And to hear alumni say that they really care about the members in the worst part. Take a look at what you say, and ask yourself if it is appropriate not for your won goals, but for the SAKE OF THE MEMBERS.

This thread is straight-up CO-ME-DY! How many threads like this were started when Phantom changed the colors of their uniforms sooooooooo many times? And to take quotes off facebook to post them on here just to fuel the flames isn't helping at all. We haven't even seen the uniforms yet and the end of the world is here. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Really? REALLY?

"well... bring on all the people who hate the uniform change"

"I really wish that alumni would realize how hurtful their comments are to the current members of the Cadets. We love the alumni and the support that they have always shown because we have and always will be Cadets. "

"I hope we can have SOME Cadet Alumni support us this year."

"I hope these folks didn't forget what being a Cadet is about."

"ya, I lost sleep last night over some posts I read from alumni... that really bothers me."

"Yea, some of the posts really bothered me too. We are all Cadets in our hearts, no matter what we are wearing."

"Rough night...up sick all night"

"I am at a complete loss of words right now..."

dear cadets --

hey guys! we're here. we're watching. we can't wait to see the show!

we got a lot of the same strange vitriolic reaction from alumni when we (laid on the ground for the ballad/went with reversed unis/marched a show with no shakos/had flowers on our backs/shortened the drop sash/lengthened the plumes/added gauntlets/removed gauntlets/put a female dm in a skirt/went to six buttons/eliminated pins/brought pins back/did shows in corps jackets and jeans/started walking to warmup in half uniform/switched from bucks to dinkles/switched buckles for mirrors/went out in shorts and polo shirts).

march and play like cadets -- more importantly, live your lives like cadets -- and what you wear means very little.

sincerely,

98.6% of cadet alumni

• Like 8

Really? REALLY?

"well... bring on all the people who hate the uniform change"

"I really wish that alumni would realize how hurtful their comments are to the current members of the Cadets. We love the alumni and the support that they have always shown because we have and always will be Cadets. "

"I hope we can have SOME Cadet Alumni support us this year."

"I hope these folks didn't forget what being a Cadet is about."

"ya, I lost sleep last night over some posts I read from alumni... that really bothers me."

"Yea, some of the posts really bothered me too. We are all Cadets in our hearts, no matter what we are wearing."

"Rough night...up sick all night"

"I am at a complete loss of words right now..."

All different current Cadets directly from their current facebook statuses. The more overwhelming thing is the upwards of 20 comments posted on each from each other trying to make it seem okay, and trying to convince each other that the season isn't ruined, IN MARCH. Tell me again they are not dwelling or feeling the pain. Seriously

Maybe before The Cadets sleepless hit their pillows tonite and they think about the hostile fire from their alums, they try and block that out and think what it must be like for a similarly aged 18-22 year old US Military Serviceman or Servicewomen stuck in some hell hole in Kabul tonite... as they listen to the real incoming hostile fire generated all around them from REAL hostile foes who so dislike the uniform that the 18-22 year older is wearing that they are working 24-7 to try and kill them dead straight away. These US military men and women are putting their very lives on the line so that a couple of 18-22 year olders back home can go to sleep worrrying in their comfy beds about what a few people might think of the uniform they'll be wearing this summer on their summer camp musical tour of the US.

Just some perspective, and maybe a real world dose of reality here, offered up as a possible "sleep aid " thought for some of the future Cadets that might become a little sleepless in the suburbs tonite.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

For the record, nobody here on DCP has" walked out the proverbial room ". Some of us here are commenting on how it is being reported that some of The Cadets alums walked out of the room when they heard this announced, that's all. The loudest and most vociferous criticism on this is not from those not afiliated with The Cadets. Read the thread. The MOST critical comments and objections here on DCP are found within the ranks of The Cadets and their alums themselves. Now, if some want to blame me or others on DCP for this turn of events, then that's certainly rich. (but that's fine by me,.. I don't care, no big deal. )

The quote wasn't directed on you. I know you are on the defensive right now so no big deal. I'm not blaming you for anything.

Really? REALLY?

Yeah, really.

These kids have more mental toughness than you give them credit for. They might pout a bit over it now but this DRAMA will be nothing compared to what will be required of them on tour. They're not sissy's.

You'd know that if you were actually a Cadet.

Alumni do not have to blindly stand by and support everything.

Maybe before The Cadets sleepless hit their pillows tonite and they think about the hostile fire from their alums, they try and block that out and think what it must be like for a similarly aged 18-22 year old American serviceman or Servicewomen stuck in some hell hole in Kabul tonite... as they listen to the real incoming hostile fire generated from REAL hostile foes who so dislike the uniform that the 18-22 year older is wearing that they are working 24-7 to try and kill them straight away. These US military men and women are putting their very lives on the line so that a couple of 18-22 year olders back home can go to sleep worrrying in their comfy beds about what a few people might think of the uniform they'll be wearing this summer on their summer camp musical tour of the US.

Just some perspective, and maybe a real world dose of reality, offered up as a " sleep aid " for some of the future Cadets that might be a little sleepless in the suburbs tonite.

From what I hear complaining about anything is over-rated because there are billions and billions of people who are dead right now, buried in the ground. Could you imagine how happy those people would be just to be alive? And we are on DCP complaing about uniforms, and gas prices, and electronics, and 1980's drum corps, and bugles, and out favorite shows... My goodness, we are not grateful at all... after all we could be DEAD just like those people in the ground!!!! Just putting things in perspective... :rolleyes:

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

dear cadets --

hey guys! we're here. we're watching. we can't wait to see the show!

we got a lot of the same strange vitriolic reaction from alumni when we (laid on the ground for the ballad/went with reversed unis/marched a show with no shakos/had flowers on our backs/shortened the drop sash/lengthened the plumes/added gauntlets/removed gauntlets/put a female dm in a skirt/went to six buttons/eliminated pins/brought pins back/did shows in corps jackets and jeans/started walking to warmup in half uniform/switched from bucks to dinkles/switched buckles for mirrors/went out in shorts and polo shirts).

march and play like cadets -- more importantly, live your lives like cadets -- and what you wear means very little.

sincerely,

98.6% of cadet alumni

PREACH BRUTHA.

FHNSAB.

• Like 2

skewerz: how can you possibly say that George is always trying to "hide" things from the general public/alumni/fans? If I recall, The Cadets are one of the only corps that post updates all year round for alumni and fans to read about/enjoy. Sure this topic might not be too enjoyable, but George is allowing the alumni/fans to see in to the idea of the 2011 program. what have we heard about 2011 BD? Nothing. Why don't you complain about Gibbs hiding things from everyone? What about the other corps? Some corps we only know a show name or some of the musical selections, but haven't even heard any of the arrangements the corps will be playing... I think George has done way more to put what's going on in the background in the public's eye than any other corps has. And I appreciate it a lot being able to follow the design process and see and hear how things are progressing, instead of just seeing the "finished product" on the show sometime during the summer.

Making sure skewerz sees this...

• Like 1

Yeah, really.

These kids have more mental toughness than you give them credit for. They might pout a bit over it now but this DRAMA will be nothing compared to what will be required of them on tour. They're not sissy's.

You'd know that if you were actually a Cadet.

Alumni do not have to blindly stand by and support everything.

Certainly not... but the question really becomes... at this point what are those few alumni actually "not" in support of? ...pics? descriptions?... oh wait.. the word "change" that's right.