No food allowed inside Kettering/Dayton Reg Mar 5-6

So I am new to these WGI shows - but what is the deal on buying concessions and then not being able to take the snacks to your seat?

At the March 5-6 Kettering/Dayton Regional show, food and drink were not allowed inside the arena. Though I did see judges with drinks and sandwiches, why weren't we common folk allowed to take in food?

Did something happen at an event to put this silly policy into place? Did a Zydeco Bad Guy slip on a nacho? Did a groovy Avon performer fall on a slice of Domino's?

How do you buy concessions and not be able to take them to your seat?

Do they have a separate eating area? I've never been to the venue, so I wouldn't know.

So I am new to these WGI shows - but what is the deal on buying concessions and then not being able to take the snacks to your seat?

At the March 5-6 Kettering/Dayton Regional show, food and drink were not allowed inside the arena. Though I did see judges with drinks and sandwiches, why weren't we common folk allowed to take in food?

Did something happen at an event to put this silly policy into place? Did a Zydeco Bad Guy slip on a nacho? Did a groovy Avon performer fall on a slice of Domino's?

I'm sure it has to do with the amount of custodians they are willing to pay for the weekend. If no food goes into the arena then there's less to clean. It's like that at most shows. It is very annoying though. The price we pay to get in unfortunately goes to WGI and not the host school so they cut costs anywhere they can. I smuggled a hot dog in my purse and had to eat it discretely while that Nazi guy was patrolling for food and people with the wrong colored wristband on the front side. That dude took his job SERIOUSLY!

LMAO! :thumbup:

love that you smuggled a hot dog in your purse! :worthy:

regarding the venue,one of my sources reported that the last time he saw that many humongously overweight fat people in one place was the opening of a crispycreme across from his gym! :blink:

regarding the venue,one of my sources reported that the last time he saw that many humongously overweight fat people in one place was the opening of a crispycreme across from his gym! :blink:

LOL w/ DUGG!!!:w00t:

Funny that you mention doughnuts....they did have them at the concession stand that day! I saw lots of kids with a glaze beard! LOL

i'm sure it is a cost factor (hiring staff to clean afterwards) as far as the judges being able to eat and drink..... well.... they can't get up and leave anytime they want... they are working you know... if i sat there for hours talking into a recorder, i would probably need water or soda as well. (i'd probably need huge amounts of caffine to stay awake for most of them)

Shades of going to HersheyPark with another family years ago. Started walking into the park and someone grabbed a handle of a bag my buddies mom was carrying. She was ready to yell when the guy said he was with the park and outside food was allowed. She looked at the bag and said "It's got dirty diapers, feel free to take all you want".

Where was this venue at? Know of a few local HS's that don't allow food/drink inside for sports event but fear there might be food getting whipped at each other. :blink:

• Like 1

I seem to remember there being a small eating area in the arena. But it was a few years back when we where there.

Matter of fact we didnt want to miss a part of the show so I had to smuggle a hot dog in my pants. It was one of those footlongs, so you can guess the looks i was getting from the women (and some of the guys)

I seem to remember there being a small eating area in the arena. But it was a few years back when we where there.

Matter of fact we didnt want to miss a part of the show so I had to smuggle a hot dog in my pants. It was one of those footlongs, so you can guess the looks i was getting from the women (and some of the guys)

I seem to remember an episode of 1,000 Ways to Die that was like that...