What are the best corps to never make finals?

Does anyone remember our Superman warmup facing the back of the field?? Wish I had that on MP3! So loud!!!! :worthy:/>

90 BK- made it for first time 91

02 BK- made it back in 04

Southwind '00 maybe? Placed 13th

Capital Regiment was doing so great I thought they'd be a finalist for sure.

Whoever misses finals this year is certainly tragic

It's on this page.

Krypton, right? :thumbup:/>

SWEET MONKIES!!!! you're the best! :worthy:/> I didn't know this existed.

• Like 1

Alas, 'tis not to be. However, I did run across the Knights' website, which contains just about every show available, including '83.

My God, I don't know whose Corn Flakes the Knights tapped their collective spleens in, but that was, without a doubt, one of the most egregious hose jobs in DCI's long history of egregious hose jobs.

You guys are bringing back all kinds of memories for me! I marched those years, albiet percussion. That year was so hard for us. We were 9th in Whitewater Prelims just ahead of the Freelancers and just behind 27th with a 68.85. Finals came in at 11th, dropping to a 61.9 on what we thought was a better show than Prelims. Then the next day in Rockford, we were at a 59.90. Our next show, 5 days later, was 70.5 in Huntington, WV. Someday I'd like some judges or someone to explain that season to me/us. I feel like we are the JFK of DCI. Especially when I see ppl. on this board who were instructors in other corps then that were our rivals saying should have been much higher. Anyone that doubts this listen to our '83 show (the ending is crazy loud), then listen to the corps that beat us from about 8th place down to us and tell me they were better than The Knights. lol. I have talked a few ppl. within PM's here that marched when I did, one was with Garfield who was with us most of the shows last year. He said our horn line was louder than theirs and cleaner than lots of other corps that made finals; he couldn't believe we didn't make it. A lot of Garfield came to watch us warm up and thought we were definitely an up-and-comer. This may sound bitter, I know, but I'm way over it now; wasn't meant to sound that I wasn't. Still, it would be nice to have an explanation someday.

To this day, it was still one of the best times of my life, other than my daughter. Today, working for the NWS keeps me very busy and it's hard to stay as involved as I'd like to but I try to go to at least three shows a year. Next year I'm doing Finals, dang it!

Thanks to HNC for posting a link to the Knights' site with those audio recordings. Listened to '83 and to avoid disturbing co-workers, I had to turn down my speakers at the end!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

• Like 1

Thanks to HNC for posting a link to the Knights' site with those audio recordings. Listened to '83 and to avoid disturbing co-workers, I had to turn down my speakers at the end!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

I know right!! :thumbup:/>

Another vote for Knight 83, saw them a bunch that year and they were good

I did hear the rumor around the mid-west then about why they were tanked by DCI but don’t know if there was any truth to it

a few moons ago became friendly with a guy that marched with them that year and never had the guts to ask him about the tanking

Oregon Crusaders.

Give them a few years to adjust to WC, then I think they'll dominate.

83 Geneseo Knights was the biggest, let me put this nicely, "mess-up" I've ever sen in DCI. They should have been about 8th or 9th. Crossmen spent all summer dreaming that they could play Russlan and Ludmilla half as well. (Not a put down of Xmen, but Geneseo was that good. Their 12 mellos on the front sideline knocked it out!)

The 83 Knights came out of the box pretty hot. Something happened between DCM and Whitewater that year. I don't know if everyone else made better changes, or if Geneseo peaked too early, but I know they started getting passed up by so many corps leading up to an underwhelming prelims performance at DCI. It want even close then.