Alumni corps 'Season' about to begin

And some people appreciate having the off season. Please lets not get into a pissing contest on who is "the best" out there because every person has their own preferences..

One thing I love about the Alumni activity is that you guys have a show ready for public consumption in April. Gotta hand it to you guys. Cudos.

I like that, too. But it's not just alumni corps that are ready to perform in April. I enjoyed seeing the Kilties performance at the South Milwaukee Civic Center on March 27th, 2011. They performed:

Their 2011 concert piece "Water is Wide"

Their 2011 parade repertoire including:

• Scotland the Brave
  • Conquest (Yup THAT Conquest)

Their 2011 complete field show repertoire "The Three Faces of Drum Corps" including:

• Movement 1 "Tradition" (A medley of Brigadoon, McCoys Reel and Auld Lang Syne)
  • Movement II "Evolution" (MacArthur Park)
  • Movement III "Exploration" (Interstellar Suite)

It was awesome!

I like that, too. But it's not just alumni corps that are ready to perform in April. I enjoyed seeing the Kilties performance at the South Milwaukee Civic Center on March 27th, 2011. They performed:

• Scotland the Brave

Their 2011 complete field show repertoire "The Three Faces of Drum Corps" including:

• Movement 1 "Tradition" (A medley of Brigadoon, McCoys Reel and Auld Lang Syne)

It was awesome!

:ph34r:

HEY THERE BUDDY!!

If what I read is true...are you taking a year off? :huh:

Not seeing YOU on the field will be almost as tough as not not seeing Rich Skare at DCA..

Still hoping to see you this summer.. :thumbup:

Pat

BTW - that sounds like a killer show, can't wait to see and hear it. :worthy:

Edited by goalieguy

:ph34r:

HEY THERE BUDDY!!

If what I read is true...are you taking a year off? :huh:

Not seeing YOU on the field will be almost as tough as not not seeing Rich Skare at DCA..

Still hoping to see you this summer.. :thumbup:

Pat

BTW - that sounds like a killer show, can't wait to see and hear it. :worthy:

OK Pat... The cat's out of the bag...

I know that this may come as a shock to you, but after 17 years on the field with our beloved Kilties, me and Moon are giving our marching shoes a rest this summer. I'll remain an active member of the board of directors and will continue to run The Great Lakes Brew Fest, and Moon is still doing uniform storage/fitting/inventorying/chasing etc. Don't worry, you'll still see us around this summer. :thumbup:

Edit: That's 17 years for me... 31 years for Moon (including 17 all age, 4 in Kiltie Kadets, 8 in Kiltie Jr. and 2 Kiltie Reunion corps)

Edited by J.C.

• Scotland the Brave

It was awesome!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

John, John, John ... where have you been ... four BHOF shows already this year ... Springfield, Sky Alumni's, Reilly's and St. Kevin's ... all with a full slate of Alumni Corps performing their full show ... in fact, a ton of Alumni corps: Selden, Sky Alumni, Reilly, Brassmen, Marksmen, Garfield, Bracken, SJ Vagabonds, Boston, St. Kevin's, Defenders, Manchester Muchachos, Pembroke Imperials, CT Alumni ... did I miss any? ... the "season" has definitely expanded ...

:-)hey AJ thanks for mentioning The Bracken Cavaliers in your statement a lot of people thought we were long gone but they were wrong!!!!!!!!!thanks again we will be better the next time 1st time jitters you know what i mean

Edited by oldschool1180

Back to the topic at hand.

Dixie Stinger.... this Saturday...... hope to see you there!!!!

Back to the topic at hand.

Dixie Stinger.... this Saturday...... hope to see you there!!!!

Maybe in the same row.... :w00t:

Tickets are bought, "Recreational Dog Camp" reservations are made, will program GPS tomorrow, now if everyone will stay healthy enough so we can skip out for a few hours we got it made.

Maybe in the same row.... :w00t:

Tickets are bought, "Recreational Dog Camp" reservations are made, will program GPS tomorrow, now if everyone will stay healthy enough so we can skip out for a few hours we got it made.

Safe travels to you and the missus, Jim!