Best Drum Corps Screamer Shows

Is the age of the screamer trumpet over in DCI?? Maybe, but no one can deny that there have been some special shows utilizing the screamer. So what are your top five favorites?

5) BD 89- even though the soloist crapped himself on the solo at finals if u heard before then it was really kick butt!

4) Madison 96- the sequel to the amazing screamers of 95.

3) BD 94- the trio at the end was enough for them to be towards the top.

2) Madison 95- yeah u could easily put them at the top but to me there's still a better set of screamers thats amazing to this day.

1) BD 93- I still listen to this show and don't care what they placed, the solo and small ensemble work is outrageous!! I could never get tired of those screamers!!

That's mine what's yours?

Wes P

BK '97 '98

North Star - 79 - Just incredible chops displayed by Jerry Noonan. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Is the age of the screamer trumpet over in DCI?? Maybe, but no one can deny that there have been some special shows utilizing the screamer. So what are your top five favorites?

5) BD 89- even though the soloist crapped himself on the solo at finals if u heard before then it was really kick butt!

4) Madison 96- the sequel to the amazing screamers of 95.

3) BD 94- the trio at the end was enough for them to be towards the top.

2) Madison 95- yeah u could easily put them at the top but to me there's still a better set of screamers thats amazing to this day.

1) BD 93- I still listen to this show and don't care what they placed, the solo and small ensemble work is outrageous!! I could never get tired of those screamers!!

That's mine what's yours?

Wes P

BK '97 '98

Anything with Jim Brady, late 70s Bridgemen.

Those are all good.

Jerry Noonan, North Star Corps from Massachusetts in 1978-80, was also one of the best DCI soprano soloist " screamers " too.

Some of the very best soprano soloist " screamers " have been found in the Senior Corps and DCA competing Corps too, some of whom never marched DCI Drum Corps. Just thought I'd put in a plug for some of them too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

05 BD.

Some great screaming trumpet in there.

This is also, in my opinion, one of the more underrated shows of the last decade.

• Like 3

5. 1988 Madison Scouts

4. 1991 Blue Devils

3. 1994 Blue Devils

2. 1996 Madison Scouts

1. 1993 Blue Devils