Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LancerLegend

Whatever happend to.......

5 posts in this topic

In another post - I asked what ever happened to Rob Carson of SCV? Does anyone know? He is a legend in both sanre drumming and SCV. I always respected him and am curious how life has treated him.

How about you? Are you curious about a former marching friend or competitor? Write it up here and someone might be able to reply.

1 person likes this

In another post - I asked what ever happened to Rob Carson of SCV? Does anyone know? He is a legend in both sanre drumming and SCV. I always respected him and am curious how life has treated him.

Last I talked to Rob during our Tournament of Roses Dinner '04, he was no longer drumming because he played the organ at a Cathedral. I'm not sure which one or where it is. I guess drumming isn't good for your "reach" on a keyboard. He seemed pretty happy with his choice. I can't say if he is still at it though.

1 person likes this

Last I talked to Rob during our Tournament of Roses Dinner '04, he was no longer drumming because he played the organ at a Cathedral. I'm not sure which one or where it is. I guess drumming isn't good for your "reach" on a keyboard. He seemed pretty happy with his choice. I can't say if he is still at it though.

Thanks Maggie. If Rob bangs the keys anywhere near as well as he banged a drum - I am sure he is superb.

Following the logic of "ask the horse", I sent a message to Rob on Facebook. He is still drumming, and more. He is a full-time percussion teacher at Musicians Institute in Hollywood. He has between 150-200 students depending on the quarter. Organ has become his main focus, and he is a full-time Organist and Choir Director in Beverly Hills.

There ya go!

Garry in Vegas

I know I am responding to an old topic here, but I thought I would update you on Rob Carson. Rob has been appointed as percussion caption head for Impulse. He along with Mike Shaw, will be heading up the percussion program for our corps.